Re: [Meditation Society of America] Hello new here

  • Silent Thunder
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      The best thing for newbies to do is try one of the 108 techniques featured on the meditation society home page. This applies to everyone not only beginners. This may seem like simple info but it's one that we often ignore. Trying a new technique now and then also helps a lot.

      Peace

      greenbay_man24 <greenbay_man24@...> wrote:
      Hello Im new here and I am trying to get into meditation and I see
      this would be a great place to start. I want to free my mind and clear
      my thoughts and be happier and calmer and I heard this is a way to go.
      Any help would be apreciated

    • ryu.anime
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2006
        Hello Im new here and I am trying to get into meditation and I see
        this would be a great place to start. I want to free my mind and clear
        my thoughts and be happier and calmer and I heard this is a way to go.
        Any help would be apreciated

        There are a lot of different types of meditations that you can do.
        I find that breathing exercises are the easiest to learn. To be able
        to free your mind by making it go blank takes practice and patience.
        I can remember when I first started to allow my mind go blank I sat in
        the lotus position for hours and finaly my mind went blank. It was
        amazing! I am not saying to go ahead and be patient for hours but,
        what you may want to try first is start with breathing exercises then
        to one specific thought until you can allow your mind to go blank.
        When I sat for hours I constantly was visualizing my breath go from my
        chi up through my spine and dropping it down on the tip of my tounge
        which was rested slightly on the roof my mouth. I hope this helps.

        KH