Hello new here

  • greenbay_man24
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hello Im new here and I am trying to get into meditation and I see
      this would be a great place to start. I want to free my mind and clear
      my thoughts and be happier and calmer and I heard this is a way to go.
      Any help would be apreciated
    • Silent Thunder

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2006
          Hello Im new here and I am trying to get into meditation and I see
          this would be a great place to start. I want to free my mind and clear
          my thoughts and be happier and calmer and I heard this is a way to go.
          Any help would be apreciated

          There are a lot of different types of meditations that you can do.
          I find that breathing exercises are the easiest to learn. To be able
          to free your mind by making it go blank takes practice and patience.
          I can remember when I first started to allow my mind go blank I sat in
          the lotus position for hours and finaly my mind went blank. It was
          amazing! I am not saying to go ahead and be patient for hours but,
          what you may want to try first is start with breathing exercises then
          to one specific thought until you can allow your mind to go blank.
          When I sat for hours I constantly was visualizing my breath go from my
          chi up through my spine and dropping it down on the tip of my tounge
          which was rested slightly on the roof my mouth. I hope this helps.

          KH