Re: [Meditation Society of America] light and bliss

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.

      The Knowing rather than the known.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
      <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > Anything which is
      >
      > seen,
      > heard,
      > felt,
      > smelt,
      > sensed,
      > experienced,
      > cognized
      >
      > or
      >

      > conceptualized.........
      >
      > is appearing and disappearing ...............imagery.
      >
      > The imagery, ........whether blissful or
      horrible, ...........whether
      > full of white light or full of darkness, ............whether it is
      > popular Bollywood sound track or the sound of Om............to
      > whom,............ has the imagery occurred?
      >

      > The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.
      >

      > yeshwanthi vasudevan wrote:
      > > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
      sometime.
      > > But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so,
      > > start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
      > > properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
      > > before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
      > > though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I
      feel
      > > like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or
      > > something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the
      > > feeling is just beautiful, it's just that /it's
      scary /beautiful. It's
      > > like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's
      scary to
      > > get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what
      it is.
      > > You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling
      of
      > > bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
      > > experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to
      be
      > > honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or
      call it
      > > what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
      do any
      > > concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
      meditation.
      > > You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just
      quietly
      > > observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now,
      but
      > > this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
      meditation "experience"
      > > per say.
      > >
      > > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

      -------
      > > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com
      />
      > > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
      Version 8.
      > > Get it NOW

      <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger
      .yahoo.com>