Re: light and bliss

  • gallowayhomes
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
      vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

      >I have off and on for some time. A old saying is if you see the
      Budda on the road ,Kill him. This is to say it is not about the
      experineces but the end result

      > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
      sometime. But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes
      or so, I start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain
      it properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
      before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
      though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
      like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
      It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is
      just beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm
      scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get
      sucked into something that you really have no idea of what it is.
      You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of
      bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
      experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to be
      honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or call
      > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
      do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
      meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
      just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
      month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
      meditation "experience" per say.

      > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
      > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
      Version 8. Get it NOW

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.

        The Knowing rather than the known.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
        <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

        > Anything which is
        >
        > seen,
        > heard,
        > felt,
        > smelt,
        > sensed,
        > experienced,
        > cognized
        >
        > or
        >

        > conceptualized.........
        >
        > is appearing and disappearing ...............imagery.
        >
        > The imagery, ........whether blissful or
        horrible, ...........whether
        > full of white light or full of darkness, ............whether it is
        > popular Bollywood sound track or the sound of Om............to
        > whom,............ has the imagery occurred?
        >

        > The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.
        >

        > yeshwanthi vasudevan wrote:
        > > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
        sometime.
        > > But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so,
        > > start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
        > > properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
        > > before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
        > > though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I
        feel
        > > like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or
        > > something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the
        > > feeling is just beautiful, it's just that /it's
        scary /beautiful. It's
        > > like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's
        scary to
        > > get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what
        it is.
        > > You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling
        of
        > > bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
        > > experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to
        be
        > > honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or
        call it
        > > what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
        do any
        > > concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
        meditation.
        > > You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just
        quietly
        > > observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now,
        but
        > > this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
        meditation "experience"
        > > per say.
        > >
        > > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

        -------
        > > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India

        <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com
        />
        > > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
        Version 8.
        > > Get it NOW

        <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger
        .yahoo.com>