Re: light and bliss

  • rushi_kant
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25 12:23 PM
      Yes, experiences like these are not uncommon. But they are
      impermanent & deserve just to be experienced, passed through,
      without fear or longing. Then they serve to promote, otherwise
      hinder. May you like to be mature enough to be with them
      impassonately.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
      vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

      > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite sometime.
      But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so, I
      start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
      properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
      before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
      though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
      like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
      It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is just
      beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm scared
      of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get sucked into
      something that you really have no idea of what it is. You know what I
      mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of bliss and light
      sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary experience, because it's
      something that so new to me. Because to be honest this the first time
      I had a meditation experience (or call
      > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
      do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
      meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
      just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
      month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
      meditation "experience" per say.

      > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
      > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
      Version 8. Get it NOW

    • gallowayhomes
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30 1:18 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
        vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

        >I have off and on for some time. A old saying is if you see the
        Budda on the road ,Kill him. This is to say it is not about the
        experineces but the end result

        > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
        sometime. But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes
        or so, I start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain
        it properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
        before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
        though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
        like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
        It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is
        just beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm
        scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get
        sucked into something that you really have no idea of what it is.
        You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of
        bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
        experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to be
        honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or call
        > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
        do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
        meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
        just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
        month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
        meditation "experience" per say.

        > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
        > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
        Version 8. Get it NOW

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
          The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.

          The Knowing rather than the known.

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
          <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

          > Anything which is
          >
          > seen,
          > heard,
          > felt,
          > smelt,
          > sensed,
          > experienced,
          > cognized
          >
          > or
          >

          > conceptualized.........
          >
          > is appearing and disappearing ...............imagery.
          >
          > The imagery, ........whether blissful or
          horrible, ...........whether
          > full of white light or full of darkness, ............whether it is
          > popular Bollywood sound track or the sound of Om............to
          > whom,............ has the imagery occurred?
          >

          > The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.
          >

          > yeshwanthi vasudevan wrote:
          > > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
          sometime.
          > > But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so,
          > > start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
          > > properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
          > > before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
          > > though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I
          feel
          > > like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or
          > > something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the
          > > feeling is just beautiful, it's just that /it's
          scary /beautiful. It's
          > > like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's
          scary to
          > > get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what
          it is.
          > > You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling
          of
          > > bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
          > > experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to
          be
          > > honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or
          call it
          > > what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
          do any
          > > concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
          meditation.
          > > You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just
          quietly
          > > observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now,
          but
          > > this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
          meditation "experience"
          > > per say.
          > >
          > > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

          -------
          > > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India

          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com
          />
          > > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
          Version 8.
          > > Get it NOW

          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger
          .yahoo.com>