Re: [Meditation Society of America] light and bliss

  • Benjamin Buehne
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2006
      I've definately had such experiences.  Afterwords I had odd occurrances of Deja-Vu in which I knew things before they happened or the thoughts of others.  I shouldn't say had... I still get this from time to time.  I had heard that this is a shakra.  Some sort of 3rd eye opening.  Generally when I get it I will embrace it.  If you try this, rather than a tube your entire body will be emersed in it.  I've never been quite certain what to make of it or being able to "see" things... I've always thought that it was some sort of other side trying to communicate with me and tell me things (rather than the reverse... which would be prayer).  Should you embrace it, you will be able to keep such feeling of energy around you constantly... with practice.  That's about all I can tell you.  Let me know if you as well get these visions.

      yeshwanthi vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:
      O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite sometime. But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so, I start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is just beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what it is. You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to be honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or call it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a meditation "experience"  per say.

      Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • rushi_kant
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 2006
        Yes, experiences like these are not uncommon. But they are
        impermanent & deserve just to be experienced, passed through,
        without fear or longing. Then they serve to promote, otherwise
        hinder. May you like to be mature enough to be with them
        impassonately.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
        vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

        > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite sometime.
        But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so, I
        start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
        properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
        before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
        though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
        like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
        It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is just
        beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm scared
        of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get sucked into
        something that you really have no idea of what it is. You know what I
        mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of bliss and light
        sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary experience, because it's
        something that so new to me. Because to be honest this the first time
        I had a meditation experience (or call
        > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
        do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
        meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
        just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
        month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
        meditation "experience" per say.

        > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
        > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
        Version 8. Get it NOW

      • gallowayhomes
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30, 2006
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
          vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

          >I have off and on for some time. A old saying is if you see the
          Budda on the road ,Kill him. This is to say it is not about the
          experineces but the end result

          > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
          sometime. But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes
          or so, I start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain
          it properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
          before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
          though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
          like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
          It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is
          just beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm
          scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get
          sucked into something that you really have no idea of what it is.
          You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of
          bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
          experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to be
          honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or call
          > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
          do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
          meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
          just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
          month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
          meditation "experience" per say.

          > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
          > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
          Version 8. Get it NOW

        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
            The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.

            The Knowing rather than the known.

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
            <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

            > Anything which is
            >
            > seen,
            > heard,
            > felt,
            > smelt,
            > sensed,
            > experienced,
            > cognized
            >
            > or
            >

            > conceptualized.........
            >
            > is appearing and disappearing ...............imagery.
            >
            > The imagery, ........whether blissful or
            horrible, ...........whether
            > full of white light or full of darkness, ............whether it is
            > popular Bollywood sound track or the sound of Om............to
            > whom,............ has the imagery occurred?
            >

            > The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.
            >

            > yeshwanthi vasudevan wrote:
            > > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite
            sometime.
            > > But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so,
            > > start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
            > > properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
            > > before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
            > > though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I
            feel
            > > like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or
            > > something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the
            > > feeling is just beautiful, it's just that /it's
            scary /beautiful. It's
            > > like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's
            scary to
            > > get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what
            it is.
            > > You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling
            of
            > > bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary
            > > experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to
            be
            > > honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or
            call it
            > > what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
            do any
            > > concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
            meditation.
            > > You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just
            quietly
            > > observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now,
            but
            > > this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
            meditation "experience"
            > > per say.
            > >
            > > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

            -------
            > > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India

            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com
            />
            > > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
            Version 8.
            > > Get it NOW

            <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger
            .yahoo.com>