Re: [Meditation Society of America] meditation challenge

  • aideenmck
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2006
      I used to suffer panic attacks which featured closing throat &
      excessive salivation. Perhaps you need to get to the root of
      whatever is troubling you & causing the fear & anxiety. Possibly
      use the relaxation techniques that precede a meditation session &
      leave it at that until you're better aware of of what's bringing on
      the panicky feeling?

      wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > I'm new to the MSA and rather new to meditation itself. I have
      a question that someone out there may be able to answer. When I
      attempt to meditate my throat begins to close up and I begin to
      salivate and swallow constantly which distracts from my practice.
      Anyone else have the problem and what can I do about it.

      call rates.

      Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

    • Silent Thunder
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2006
        Hey Jackie I had the same problem back when I started out too. It helped to swallow once but quite enough to swallow the whole first load and then keep your tongue flattend against the upper plate of the mouth. This should be done comfortably. No use in forcing meditation coz then you'd be goin in the opposite direction.

        Peace,
        Who?