Re: [Meditation Society of America] meditation challenge

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2006
      Meditatio without the guide or Master is dangeraous.Find oue right Master.I am doing practice in the system called SAHAJ MARG (Simple Path ) This is very good effective system.If you want to know the more in detail please visit web sight www.srcm.org.
      May my Mater gives you right guidance to you. Have a good day.
      Thanking you
      Regards

      Jackie Casper <jacquic37@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,
      I'm new to the MSA and rather new to  meditation itself. I have a question that someone out there may be able to answer. When I attempt to meditate my throat begins to close up and I begin to salivate and swallow constantly which distracts from my practice. Anyone else have the problem and what can I do about it.

    • aideenmck
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2006
        I used to suffer panic attacks which featured closing throat &
        excessive salivation. Perhaps you need to get to the root of
        whatever is troubling you & causing the fear & anxiety. Possibly
        use the relaxation techniques that precede a meditation session &
        leave it at that until you're better aware of of what's bringing on
        the panicky feeling?

        wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > I'm new to the MSA and rather new to meditation itself. I have
        a question that someone out there may be able to answer. When I
        attempt to meditate my throat begins to close up and I begin to
        salivate and swallow constantly which distracts from my practice.
        Anyone else have the problem and what can I do about it.

        call rates.

        Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

      • Silent Thunder
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2006
          Hey Jackie I had the same problem back when I started out too. It helped to swallow once but quite enough to swallow the whole first load and then keep your tongue flattend against the upper plate of the mouth. This should be done comfortably. No use in forcing meditation coz then you'd be goin in the opposite direction.

          Peace,
          Who?