WHY MEDITATE ? By P.RAJAGOPALACHARI (President S.R .C.M Chennai India)

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2006
      The process of meditation is nothing but trying to renew that contact
      which ever was and shall always be within me.

      In our modern lifestyles, most of our time and effort is directed
      towards material well-being, and we often find that our lives have
      become complicated. We find ourselves longing for inner change, growth
      and spontaneity. We are pulled in different directions by multiple
      goals, and are unable to prioritize these to find the balance that
      give us a sense of well-being and joy.

      Meditation trains our mind to regulate itself, leads us beyond the
      outer activity into the inner silence of our hearts, where we find
      ourselves connected to our Divine essence. The regulated mind and
      connection with our inner divinity develops in us a balanced state
      which is unaffected by the ups and downs of everyday life. Our natural
      capacity for wisdom and right action begins to manifest, allowing us
      to prioritize the conflicting demands of life.

      Sustained practice of meditation develops a constant balanced state, a
      deep sense of connection with our inner selves and a lasting direction
      and meaning to our lives.

      More and more people across the globe are turning to meditation,
      realizing that in order to reach our full potential as complete,
      balanced human beings, our inner spiritual longings must be addressed
      along with the material demands of daily life.

      As a bird needs two wings to fly, so a human being needs the two wings
      of existence, the spiritual and the material, to lead a natural and
      harmonious life.