Sanity in the Psych Unit

    Message 1 of 197 , Sep 17, 2001
      I work in a hospital psych unit and have seen
      remarkable things this past week. We have not had any
      incidences of patients acting out at all. Usually there will
      be a fairly dramatic one (hitting, screaming,
      biting, etc.) virtually every night. They seem to be so
      focused on the world's events that they have dropped
      their personal manias, neediness, attention seeking,
      etc. Another amazing thing I've seen is that our ICU
      has no patients. We usually have 8-10. This has
      never<br>happened before. Also, here in Philly, many people have
      commented on how driving is much more a civil experience
      than it has ever been. People are letting you cut into
      their lanes, not honking their horns, and being
      downright gracious. Road rage is now road
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9 6:25 AM
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for