Appreciate This Incarnation, Appreciate This Moment

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21 9:57 PM
      Please take this life seriously. For billions of
      years you were not here and for billions more, you
      will not be here. You are running out of a very
      brief amount of time available to you to enjoy life
      as it is and know your true nature. Here Lopon Tsechu
      Rinpoche shares with us a Tibetan Buddhist perspective
      on how amazing it is to have the body you are in right
      this Now...

      "There are stories that convey the difficulty of
      obtaining a precious human life. For instance, imagine
      a glass house with completely smooth walls. If somebody
      throws raw peas at the glass walls, most of them will
      bounce off and fall to the floor. It is most improbable
      that the peas will stick to the glass. However, if you
      constantly throw peas at the glass, sooner or later one
      is bound to stick. The probability that you will obtain
      a precious human body is much smaller than the
      probability that a pea will stick. Or imagine that a
      small ring is floating on the ocean. On the bottom of
      the ocean there lives a special turtle that surfaces
      briefly only once every hundred years. The probability
      of its head surfacing within the ring is pretty slim, but
      far greater than the chance of obtaining a precious human
      body."

      So, my suggestion is to Meditate, do good, be good, act
      selflessly, be humble and have compassion for all beings.
      Love all and everything. There is no time for anger,
      hatred, jealousy, greed, and so on. Know the value and
      blessing of having this human incarnation. Be serious
      about what should be taken seriously and don't take
      seriously that which is frivolous and unworthy of a being
      who has been given this rare opportunity for an unlimited
      evolution in consciousness.

    • benbuehne
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22 7:59 AM
        Interesting take on things.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2014

[...]

        • Cris Angel
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2014

            Thank you Bob....many blessing from and of heart

            Cris

            Crisangel.genbook.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2014
              Thanks Chris. I assume you're in the midst of your Loas, Thailand and Cambodia Medical Mission. Great blessings for what you do here in the USA, there and wherever you are. Helping reduce and eliminate suffering is an excellent path to a life well lived!
              Message 6 of 6 , May 25, 2014