Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Introduction to myself/enlightenment 101

  • Benjamin Buehne
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2006
      Thank you very much Jeff and Aideen-

      I understand what you are saying and will take
      the advice to heart. What you are saying is true
      Jeff... it has been a distraction and distressing...
      thus I haven't maintained very well. The truth is...
      if what I "remembered" is true or not really doesn't
      matter... as there is nothing I could do about it
      anyways. I must simply take my place.

      With Gratitude,
      Ben

      --- Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

      > "aideenmck"
      > <aideenmck@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, Ben
      > >
      > > I think what Jeff means is that it's not the
      > experience of
      > > clairvoyance that's the potential trap, but rather
      > one's
      > attachment
      > > to it.
      > > Is that right, Jeff?
      > >
      > > Aideen
      >
      > Yes, that and the fact that the "ego"
      > can come with "imaginings" disguised
      > as clairvoyance. And this can lead
      > back to the place where we feel we
      > have lost our enlightened perspective
      > - back to "trying to figure out"...
      > anything. Clarity has no questions.
      > And, as you know, no attachments.
      >
      > Notice that Ben is still identifying
      > himself as a seeker of enlightenment,
      > rather than a "finder" who can simply
      > attune to it.
      >
      > Jerry Wennstrom, in his book, "The
      > Inspired Heart" wrote "The singular
      > requirement of grace is to remain
      > fearlessly attuned to the heart."
      >
      > Ramana Maharshi said, "The aspirant
      > meditates to attain. The awakened
      > meditate to maintain."
      >
      > In the Tibetan Book of The Dead,
      > there is an admonition not to "follow
      > the elephant tracks, once you have
      > found the elephant.".
      >
      > So, my advice to Ben was to stay
      > attuned to the heart - his beautiful
      > experience that released him from
      > anger and anxiey, and not enter
      > a "wrestling match" with the issue
      > of clairvoyance. Let it happen, but
      > abandon it when it presents fear
      > or doubt.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Jeff

      > Benjamin Buehne
      > > <benbuehne@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks Jeff-
      > > >
      > > > I think I understand what you are saying but I
      > would
      > > > like to clarify. Basicly, there is a part of
      > me, in
      > > > my nature, that retains this anger and anxiety.
      > While
      > > > I may have been clairvoyant before... what I am
      > seeing
      > > > now may not, in fact, be this clairvoyance but
      > this
      > > > anger and anxiety sneeking into my conciousness.
      >
      > > > Possibly to frighten me out of continuing to
      > seek
      > > > enlightenment. Is this correct?
      > > >
      > > > Also, how can such a thing "rob us from ground
      > > > gained"? What do you need to do in order to
      > avoid
      > > > such a thing?
      > > >
      > > > I realize I am inexperienced so I appreciate
      > your help
      > > > (everyone in the group for that matter). This
      > state
      > > > is actually not something I initially desired...
      > I was
      > > > simply trying to relax and it happened
      > (interestingly
      > > > enough it was the first time I had meditated
      > outside).
> [...]
      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com