Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • preyong
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12 11:17 PM
      Dear Rushikant,

      Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
      learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
      tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
      development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
      myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
      That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
      experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
      Regards,
      Preyong

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

      > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
      think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
      throughout !

      > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
      developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
      for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
      Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
      a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

      > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
      discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
      pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
      taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

      > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
      >
      > -rushikant.
      >

      > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
      > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > technique of the development process of consciousness for
      enlightenment
      > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
      would
      > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
      much
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Preeyong
      >

      > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

    • Rushikant Mehta
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 14 4:10 AM
        Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

        Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

        With best of empathy,
        -rushikant.

        <rushi_kant@ ...> wrote:

        > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
        think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
        throughout !

        > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
        developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
        for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
        Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
        a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

        > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
        discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
        pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
        taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

        > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
        >
        > -rushikant.
        >

        > preyong <preyong@... > wrote:
        > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
        > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
        > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
        > technique of the development process of consciousness for
        enlightenment
        > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
        would
        > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
        much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Preeyong
        >

        > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
        http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

        May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

      • dakarmesh
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15 7:03 PM

          Salutations Preyong!

          Thank you for your reply. :)  It is benefitting you that you have taken a positive step of checking Ananda Seva's website and joining their mailing list.

          However, have you checked Ananda Marga as well?

          In my previous response to you, I said:

               ">For this I would like to refer you to
                > Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org )"

          All the best to your research!