Re: The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • preyong
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12 11:07 PM
      Greeting DaKarmesh,

      I appreciate your advice to www.anandaseva.org andi
      have subscribed to www.anandaseva.org to learn more about his
      technique.
      Regards,
      Preyong
      - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dakarmesh"
      <dakarmesh@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Preeong and All!
      >
      > First off, I would like to bid you this early, my good wishes for this
      > your mentioned undertaking. For this I would like to refer you to
      Ananda
      > Marga (www.anandamarga.org <http://www.anandamarga.org> )
      and its
      <http://www.anandaseva.org>
      > ). I am a former monk of this movement/way of life.
      >
      > With much love,
      >
      > DaKarmesh
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong"
      > <preyong@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      > > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > > technique of the development process of consciousness for
      > enlightenment
      > > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
      > would
      > > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
      much
      > > appreciated.
      > >
      > > Preeyong

    • preyong
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12 11:17 PM
        Dear Rushikant,

        Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
        learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
        tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
        development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
        myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
        That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
        experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
        Regards,
        Preyong

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
        <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

        > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
        think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
        throughout !

        > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
        developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
        for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
        Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
        a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

        > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
        discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
        pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
        taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

        > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
        >
        > -rushikant.
        >

        > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
        > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
        > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
        > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
        > technique of the development process of consciousness for
        enlightenment
        > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
        would
        > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
        much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Preeyong
        >

        > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
        http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      • Rushikant Mehta
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 14 4:10 AM
          Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

          Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

          With best of empathy,
          -rushikant.

          <rushi_kant@ ...> wrote:

          > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
          think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
          throughout !

          > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
          developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
          for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
          Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
          a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

          > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
          discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
          pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
          taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

          > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
          >
          > -rushikant.
          >

          > preyong <preyong@... > wrote:
          > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
          > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
          > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
          > technique of the development process of consciousness for
          enlightenment
          > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
          would
          > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
          much
          > appreciated.
          >
          > Preeyong
          >

          > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
          http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

          May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

        • dakarmesh
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15 7:03 PM

            Salutations Preyong!

            Thank you for your reply. :)  It is benefitting you that you have taken a positive step of checking Ananda Seva's website and joining their mailing list.

            However, have you checked Ananda Marga as well?

            In my previous response to you, I said:

                 ">For this I would like to refer you to
                  > Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org )"

            All the best to your research!