A Very High tech Aid

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2006
      Some of the best advise we can get is from
      the words of wisdom of those who know. One
      of the great things we can for our spiritual
      evolution is to associate ourselves less and
      less with words that take our peace away, and
      attend more and more to words that fill us with
      peace. My advise is to choise wisely which you
      allow to enter and fill your consciousness with.
      One ongoing source for many in recent times has
      been the wisdom of Swami Satchidananda. Today on
      the Swami Satchidananda group this was posted. Enjoy!

      The Power of Yoga for Healing,
      Vitality, and Spirit

      Message from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      November 2-4, 2001 at Miami Beach, Florida

      Now, more than ever we need to have a steady mind, a
      calm and clean mind, and a loving and compassionate
      heart. So many people are in pain, so many have lost
      loved ones, and so many are overcome with fear. That
      is all true and we have to feel compassion and
      lovingkindness toward everyone.

      God has given us a big wake-up call. As yogis let us
      have a deeper understanding and broader perspective
      when viewing what is happening in our world. Let's not
      focus only on the negative side. That is what we see
      happening sometimes, and people become filled with
      fear and anxiety. A yogi, on the other hand, will look
      upon everything with equanimity and balance.

      This is a time for us to remember that in the name of
      religion more people have died than in all the wars
      and natural calamities put together. Now more than
      ever we must understand that the purpose of religion
      is not to separate us. True faiths don't preach hatred
      and killing, nor did any of the prophets. It is the
      people who interpret the scriptures who create the
      divisions. Division comes if we put our ego into the
      teachings of these religions. Let us strive to be free
      of that kind of egoism.

      In the same way, I see a very bright future for
      humankind. The positive changes we are seeing are the
      proof of what is to come. I really feel we are going
      to see a better world. If you want to know why I feel
      this way, it is because I see more and more people
      wanting to know the truth, becoming interested in Yoga
      and spirituality, and leading more caring and
      compassionate lives.

      The consciousness of people is changing, and they want
      to know how to lead a better life. Please, have that
      hope in your heart and that trust that we are building
      a better world. My prayer is always that universal
      love will light our paths. Every day when you pray,
      repeat: "May peace, prosperity, and happiness be unto
      all. May all see good in everyone, may all be free
      from suffering. May the whole world be filled with
      peace and joy, love and light." When you say this,
      visualize it and really feel it. It should be
      heartfelt when you send your peaceful energy out into
      the world.

      Our prayers will bring benefit, so let us
      wholeheartedly pray for the world. Let us each spend
      at least a few minutes each day in meditation. To me,
      those are the most important minutes. You may not even
      realize the effect, but these peaceful vibrations will
      help millions of peaceless minds. You will be helping
      the whole world to find peace and joy. And you can
      carry this peaceful feeling from meditation all
      through the day, all through the week, all through
      your life. Even in the midst of a busy life, you can
      retain this peace. With this outlook, the whole world
      becomes a heaven on earth. God bless each and every
      one of you.