Re: Ecstatic Buddhism

  • Era Molnar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 2:03 PM

      http://www.becomepeace.org/

      From here the Url works without the www.

      > http://becomepeace.org/

      love, Era

      > (((((((((((((((((((0))))))))))))))))))))

    • Jeffrey S. Brooks
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2006
        Hello Era, Nirodha, Adam and Greg thank-you ever so much for posting
        your kind and supportive comments regarding the importance of
        cultivating meditative absorption. Thank-you Era for the heads up on
        the URL. I enjoyed reading Nirodha's post Science of Self-Realization
        - Patanjali's Yoga Sutras by Roy Eugene.

        I very much enjoyed reading Adam West's post regarding AZIZ KRISTOF in
        which he comments on "The Dangers of Pseudo Advaita now proceeds"

        I also very much enjoyed reading Greg's post regarding the
        conservative Hindu opinion of Westerners embracing Hindu philosophies,
        such as Advaita.

        "Westerners can never become
        enlightened and should not study Advaita.
        The best thing that Westerners can do is to live
        a good life and hope to be reborn in India -
        as a cockroach."
        http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/meditationsocietyofamerica/message/13907

        The Buddha's definition of the 8th fold of the Noble Eightfold Path
        Maha-satipatthana Sutta (DN 22.21)
        "And what is meditative absorption (sama-samadhi)? There is the case
        where a contemplative; who is withdrawn from sensory phenomena, and
        withdrawn from unwholesome mental states; enters upon and abides in
        the first meditative absorption state (jhana), which is accompanied by
        bliss (piiti) and joy (sukha) originating from withdrawal..." (through
        fourth jhana).
        http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/mahasatipatthanasutta.htm

        Jhanananda (Jeffrey S, Brooks)
        the Great Western Vehicle