Re: Meditation advice - --

  • trgallo12000
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
      To your thoughts they are indeed insightful. As to your conclusion
      to this you state that it is always great to give to God that which
      we can not give to others, and I ask how can this be? The bible
      states that to give is to give to God. This would make sense being
      we all our of God and we all our Gods. So the greatest gift is to
      give to all beings and to all life and open up and allow ourselfs
      to recive that which is God

      <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

      > Authority in Spiritual Concepts:
      > Whenever you make any decision, you have to follow three
      authorities: 1) Shruti i.e., Veda, Bible, Gita; 2) Yukti i.e.,
      logic; 3) Anubhava i.e., experience.

      > Ex:1) To learn philosophy, the world gives the real picture.
      Books may contain faulty knowledge, but the world contains only the
      truth. To know whether the concept in the book is right or not you
      must refer to the world. Any concept in the scripture should be
      discussed with logic and finally approved only through its
      experience in the world. So the purest love can be seen in the
      world. Suppose somebody loves and serves you without aspiring
      anything in return and his love is pure by all your tests, you
      imagine how much you are pleased! You will do anything for him. It
      applies to God also. If you serve Him without aspiring anything in
      return from Him and if your pure love passes all His severe tests,
      He will do anything for your sake. Love is proved only through
      service. Mere words and feelings are of no use. Service can be
      associated with words and feelings, like a plate of rice is
      associated with curry and pickles.

      > 2) In the case of idol and image worship, the Shruti
      says `Natasya Pratima Asti' (Lord will not enter statues). The Yukti
      is that one cannot make any inert object alive by any technique. A
      dead body cannot get life by the chanting of the Vedic hymn which is
      recited in the Prana Pratishta (life initiation). If you say that
      life has entered the statue by such Prana Pratishta, why can't you
      make the dead body alive by the same? The experience is that by any
      technique, we do not experience life in any inert object including a
      dead body. Therefore if you say that the life enters the statue, it
      cannot be accepted. Then what is the meaning of this Prana
      pratishta? Since you are rigid in not accepting the human form of
      God due to your egoism and jealousy there is no other way than to
      teach you like this. Thus, Prana Pratishta is teaching you that the
      human form with life alone should be worshipped by the sixteen
      modes.

      > 3) An employee does service for the whole month and he does not
      have to put in a formal request to the government to give his
      monthly salary. The salary is put into his account automatically. He
      does not beg for his salary by singing songs and weeping. Similarly,
      Hanuman participated in the service of Lord Rama in human form and
      got the fruit of His service, which was the post of the future
      creator of the Universe. He did not sing bhajans, chant hymns,
      meditate or shed tears etc., for the fruit. Therefore what is the
      use of these things without the service? An elephant is fed with
      sugar cane in a dignified way. The elephant does a lot of work in
      carrying big logs etc. A dog does not do any service and it begs for
      food by wagging its tail, by crying, by falling at the feet of
      people but it is not given food or at the most it is given
      leftovers. Therefore the knowledge and devotion should lead to
      service, which are like the degrees acquired by you. Merely for your
      degree,
      > no salary will be given. With the help of the degree you have to
      get a job and do service for which alone you can get the salary. The
      degrees will only help you to get a job but they cannot give you the
      salary directly. With the help of knowledge you can recognize the
      human incarnation. With the help of devotion you will come near Him
      and become dear to Him so that you can participate in His service.
      You get the fruit for your service and not for your knowledge and
      devotion.

      > Conclusion: It is always great to give God that which you cannot
      give to anybody. What is the greatness in giving that which you can
      give to anyone? People easily give words and mind and there is no
      greatness in sacrificing such things. It is very difficult to
      sacrifice the fruit of work (money). Therefore the greatness lies in
      sacrificing work or the fruit of work. The Gita emphasized on Karma
      Phala Tyaga in view of the nearing Kali Yuga. Soon after the
      Mahabharata war, Kali entered. Since the Lord knows that in the Kali
      age, money, which is the fruit of the work, is going to be the
      topmost item, He emphasized the sacrifice of money (Karma Phala
      Tyaga) everywhere in the Gita.

      > At the lotus feet of Shri Datta Swami
      > surya
      > http://www.universal-spirituality.org
      >

      > troy galloway <trgallo12000@...> wrote: Thank you for
      sharing this. I am new to this group but not to the practice. You
      are right on and would love to hear more

      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "surya" <dattapr2000@>
      wrote:
      > > Meditation is continuous thinking of such knowledge and other
      interpretations are either useless or of little use.
      > What is of little use are your grandiose stylings designed to
      aggrandize your deluded sense of self as an incarnation of God.
      > Meditation is an effort to engender clarity. Musing about your
      divinity brings clarity the way the winter runoff clarifies the
      Mississippi River.