Re: The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • Era Molnar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2006
      "Jeff Belyea"<jeff@...>wrote:

      "preyong" <preyong@> wrote:

      > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial
      > fulfillment of the
      > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > technique of the development process of consciousness for
      > enlightenment
      > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
      > would
      > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
      > much appreciated.
      > >
      > > Preeyong
      > >

      > In the files here: Jeff Epic 1.pdf

      I'm also interested in the above mentioned subject, and made a page about the meditative planes corresponding to chakras and states of intellect

      http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/realization.html (undercosnstuction)

      Era
    • preyong
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
        Greeting DaKarmesh,

        I appreciate your advice to www.anandaseva.org andi
        have subscribed to www.anandaseva.org to learn more about his
        technique.
        Regards,
        Preyong
        - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dakarmesh"
        <dakarmesh@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Preeong and All!
        >
        > First off, I would like to bid you this early, my good wishes for this
        > your mentioned undertaking. For this I would like to refer you to
        Ananda
        > Marga (www.anandamarga.org <http://www.anandamarga.org> )
        and its
        <http://www.anandaseva.org>
        > ). I am a former monk of this movement/way of life.
        >
        > With much love,
        >
        > DaKarmesh
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong"
        > <preyong@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
        > > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
        > > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
        > > technique of the development process of consciousness for
        > enlightenment
        > > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
        > would
        > > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
        much
        > > appreciated.
        > >
        > > Preeyong

      • preyong
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
          Dear Rushikant,

          Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
          learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
          tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
          development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
          myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
          That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
          experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
          Regards,
          Preyong

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
          <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

          > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
          think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
          throughout !

          > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
          developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
          for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
          Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
          a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

          > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
          discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
          pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
          taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

          > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
          >
          > -rushikant.
          >

          > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
          > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
          > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
          > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
          > technique of the development process of consciousness for
          enlightenment
          > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
          would
          > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
          much
          > appreciated.
          >
          > Preeyong
          >

          > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
          http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        • Rushikant Mehta
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 14, 2006
            Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

            Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

            With best of empathy,
            -rushikant.

            <rushi_kant@ ...> wrote:

            > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
            think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
            throughout !

            > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
            developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
            for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
            Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
            a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

            > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
            discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
            pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
            taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

            > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
            >
            > -rushikant.
            >

            > preyong <preyong@... > wrote:
            > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
            > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
            > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
            > technique of the development process of consciousness for
            enlightenment
            > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
            would
            > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
            much
            > appreciated.
            >
            > Preeyong
            >

            > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
            http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

            May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

          • dakarmesh
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 15, 2006

              Salutations Preyong!

              Thank you for your reply. :)  It is benefitting you that you have taken a positive step of checking Ananda Seva's website and joining their mailing list.

              However, have you checked Ananda Marga as well?

              In my previous response to you, I said:

                   ">For this I would like to refer you to
                    > Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org )"

              All the best to your research!