Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • Rushikant Mehta
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
      Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success throughout !
      If you permit, one word of  caution : why aim just for a doctorate on developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

      There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness, discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

      May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !

      -rushikant.

      preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
      I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      technique of the development process of consciousness for enlightenment
      in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience would
      be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by much
      appreciated.

      Preeyong

      May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong"
        <preyong@...> wrote:

        > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial
        fulfillment of the
        > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
        > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
        > technique of the development process of consciousness for
        enlightenment
        > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
        would
        > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
        much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Preeyong

        In the files here: Jeff Epic 1.pdf
      • Era Molnar
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2006
          "Jeff Belyea"<jeff@...>wrote:

          "preyong" <preyong@> wrote:

          > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial
          > fulfillment of the
          > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
          > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
          > technique of the development process of consciousness for
          > enlightenment
          > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
          > would
          > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
          > much appreciated.
          > >
          > > Preeyong
          > >

          > In the files here: Jeff Epic 1.pdf

          I'm also interested in the above mentioned subject, and made a page about the meditative planes corresponding to chakras and states of intellect

          http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/realization.html (undercosnstuction)

          Era
        • preyong
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
            Greeting DaKarmesh,

            I appreciate your advice to www.anandaseva.org andi
            have subscribed to www.anandaseva.org to learn more about his
            technique.
            Regards,
            Preyong
            - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dakarmesh"
            <dakarmesh@...> wrote:

            > Greetings Preeong and All!
            >
            > First off, I would like to bid you this early, my good wishes for this
            > your mentioned undertaking. For this I would like to refer you to
            Ananda
            > Marga (www.anandamarga.org <http://www.anandamarga.org> )
            and its
            <http://www.anandaseva.org>
            > ). I am a former monk of this movement/way of life.
            >
            > With much love,
            >
            > DaKarmesh
            >
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >

            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong"
            > <preyong@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
            > > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
            > > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
            > > technique of the development process of consciousness for
            > enlightenment
            > > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
            > would
            > > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
            much
            > > appreciated.
            > >
            > > Preeyong

          • preyong
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
              Dear Rushikant,

              Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
              learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
              tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
              development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
              myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
              That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
              experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
              Regards,
              Preyong

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
              <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

              > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
              think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
              throughout !

              > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
              developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
              for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
              Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
              a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

              > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
              discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
              pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
              taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

              > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
              >
              > -rushikant.
              >

              > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
              > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
              > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
              > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
              > technique of the development process of consciousness for
              enlightenment
              > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
              would
              > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
              much
              > appreciated.
              >
              > Preeyong
              >

              > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
              http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

            • Rushikant Mehta
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 14, 2006
                Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

                Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

                With best of empathy,
                -rushikant.

                <rushi_kant@ ...> wrote:

                > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
                think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
                throughout !

                > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
                developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
                for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
                Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
                a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

                > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
                discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
                pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
                taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

                > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
                >
                > -rushikant.
                >

                > preyong <preyong@... > wrote:
                > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
                > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
                > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
                > technique of the development process of consciousness for
                enlightenment
                > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
                would
                > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
                much
                > appreciated.
                >
                > Preeyong
                >

                > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
                http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

                May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

              • dakarmesh
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 15, 2006

                  Salutations Preyong!

                  Thank you for your reply. :)  It is benefitting you that you have taken a positive step of checking Ananda Seva's website and joining their mailing list.

                  However, have you checked Ananda Marga as well?

                  In my previous response to you, I said:

                       ">For this I would like to refer you to
                        > Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org )"

                  All the best to your research!