Re: The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • dakarmesh
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006

      Greetings Preeong and All!

      First off, I would like to bid you this early, my good wishes for this your mentioned undertaking. For this I would like to refer you to Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org) and its extension Ananda Seva (www.anandaseva.org ). I am a former monk of this movement/way of life.

      With much love,

      DaKarmesh

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong" <preyong@...> wrote:

      > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > technique of the development process of consciousness for enlightenment
      > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience would
      > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by much
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Preeyong

    • Rushikant Mehta
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
        Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success throughout !
        If you permit, one word of  caution : why aim just for a doctorate on developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

        There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness, discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

        May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !

        -rushikant.

        preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
        I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
        requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
        The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
        technique of the development process of consciousness for enlightenment
        in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience would
        be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by much
        appreciated.

        Preeyong

        May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2006
          <preyong@...> wrote:

          > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial
          fulfillment of the
          > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
          > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
          > technique of the development process of consciousness for
          enlightenment
          > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
          would
          > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
          much
          > appreciated.
          >
          > Preeyong

          In the files here: Jeff Epic 1.pdf
        • Era Molnar
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2006
            "Jeff Belyea"<jeff@...>wrote:

            "preyong" <preyong@> wrote:

            > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial
            > fulfillment of the
            > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
            > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
            > technique of the development process of consciousness for
            > enlightenment
            > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
            > would
            > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
            > much appreciated.
            > >
            > > Preeyong
            > >

            > In the files here: Jeff Epic 1.pdf

            I'm also interested in the above mentioned subject, and made a page about the meditative planes corresponding to chakras and states of intellect

            http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/realization.html (undercosnstuction)

            Era
          • preyong
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
              Greeting DaKarmesh,

              I appreciate your advice to www.anandaseva.org andi
              have subscribed to www.anandaseva.org to learn more about his
              technique.
              Regards,
              Preyong
              - In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dakarmesh"

              <http://www.anandaseva.org>
              > ). I am a former monk of this movement/way of life.
              >
              > With much love,
              >
              > DaKarmesh
              >
              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "preyong"
              > <preyong@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
              > > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
              > > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
              > > technique of the development process of consciousness for
              > enlightenment
              > > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
              > would
              > > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
              much
              > > appreciated.
              > >
              > > Preeyong

            • preyong
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
                Dear Rushikant,

                Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
                learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
                tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
                development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
                myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
                That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
                experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
                Regards,
                Preyong

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
                <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

                > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
                think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
                throughout !

                > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
                developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
                for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
                Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
                a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

                > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
                discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
                pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
                taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

                > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
                >
                > -rushikant.
                >

                > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
                > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
                > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
                > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
                > technique of the development process of consciousness for
                enlightenment
                > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
                would
                > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
                much
                > appreciated.
                >
                > Preeyong
                >

                > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
                http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

              • Rushikant Mehta
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 14, 2006
                  Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

                  Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

                  With best of empathy,
                  -rushikant.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 15, 2006

                    Salutations Preyong!

                    Thank you for your reply. :)  It is benefitting you that you have taken a positive step of checking Ananda Seva's website and joining their mailing list.

                    However, have you checked Ananda Marga as well?

                    In my previous response to you, I said:

                         ">For this I would like to refer you to
                          > Ananda Marga (www.anandamarga.org )"

                    All the best to your research!