One of the Best Prayers Ever

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2006
      As posted on the Nasrudin group:

      Dear Goddess, You who never kill but only change:

      I pray that my exuberant, suave and accidental words
      will move you to shower ferocious blessings down on
      everyone who reads this benediction.

      I pray that you will give them what they don't even
      know they want – not just the boons they think they
      need but everything they've always been afraid to even
      imagine or ask for.

      Dear Goddess, You wealthy anarchist burning heaven to
      the ground:

      Many of the divine chameleons out there don't even
      know that their souls will live forever. So please use
      your blinding magic to help them see that they are all
      wildly creative geniuses too big for their own

      Guide them to realize that they are all completely
      different from what they think they are and more
      exciting than they can possibly imagine.

      Make it illegal, immoral, irrelevant, unpatriotic and
      totally tasteless for them to be in love with anyone
      or anything that's no good for them.

      O Goddess, You who give us so much love and pain mixed
      together that our morality is always on the verge of

      I beg you to cast a boisterous love spell that will
      nullify all the dumb ideas, bad decisions and nasty
      conditioning that have ever cursed the wise and sexy
      virtuosos out there.

      Remove, banish, annihilate and laugh into oblivion any
      jinx that has clung to them, no matter how long
      they've suffered from it, and even if they've become
      accustomed or addicted to its ugly companionship.

      And please conjure an aura of protection around them
      so that they will receive an early warning if they are
      ever about to act in such a way as to bring another
      hex or plague or voodoo into their lives in the

      Dear Goddess, sweet Goddess, You sly universal virus
      with no opinion:

      I pray that you will help all the personal growth
      addicts out there become disciplined enough to go
      crazy in the name of creation, not destruction.

      I pray that you will teach them the difference between
      oppressive self-control and liberating self-control,
      awaken in them the power to do the half-right thing
      when it is impossible to do the totally right thing.

      Arouse the Wild Woman within them – even if they're

      And please give them bigger, better, more original
      sins and wilder, wetter, more interesting problems.

      Dear Goddess, You pregnant mistress who scorns all
      mediocre longing:

      I pray that you will inspire all the compassionate
      rascals communing with this prayer to love their
      enemies just in case their friends turn out to be

      Provoke them to throw away or give away all the things
      they own that encourage them to believe that they are
      better than anyone else.

      Show them how much fun it is to brag about what they
      cannot do and do not have.

      Most of all, Goddess, brainwash them with your freedom
      so that they never love their own pain more than
      anyone else's pain.

      Dear Goddess, You blissful lotus at the center of all
      our brains:

      The curiously divine human beings reading this prayer
      deserve everything they are yearning for and much,
      much more.

      So please bless them with lucid dreams while they are
      wide awake and solar-energy-operated toys that work
      even in the dark and vacuum cleaners for their magic
      carpets and a knack for avoiding other people's hells
      and their very own 900 number so that everyone has to
      pay to talk to them and a secret admirer who is not a
      psychotic stalker.

      Dear Goddess, You fiercely tender, hauntingly
      reassuring, orgiastically sacred feeling that is even
      now running through all of our soft, warm animal

      I pray that you provide everyone out there with a
      license to bend and even break all rules, laws and
      traditions that keep them apart from the things they

      Show them how to purge the wishy-washy wishes that
      distract them from their daring, dramatic, divine

      And teach them that they can have anything they want
      if they'll only ask for it in an unselfish way.

      And now dear God of Gods, God beyond all Gods,
      Girlfriend of God, Teacher of God, Goddess who
      invented God, I bring this prayer to a close, trusting
      that in these mysterious moments you have begun to
      change everyone out there in the exact way they've
      needed to change in order to express their soul's

      Amen. Awomen. And glory hallelujah."

      Claire de Lune