meditation for children

  • subhaekambaram
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2006
      I was thinking that meditation is a wonderful thing to start young.
      Is there a minimum age to teach children how to meditate? Any specific
      practices? How to get them started?
      Any ideas?

      Thanks
    • Melissa Fahrney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 6:36 PM
        Hello, and Great Questions! I am investigating the same thing. Have
        you heard from others? I am going to research and develop my own
        program I think. I have started teaching my preschoolers and they
        are picking it up. Mostly we are just practicing breathing and some
        visualization. There is a site that is quite friendly and
        intriguing...go visit: http://www.kerryleemaclean.com/
        and for a nice ending to bedtime, try Maureen Garth's books
        like "Starbright, Meditations for Children", 1991.

        I am envisioning developing a meditation & energy coaching practice
        for families so if you have any specific questions or areas of
        interest that you'd like to see addressed, I would love for you and
        anyone else who feels drawn to do so, to email me for program
        development.

        Namaste, Cheers & Blessings!
        Melissa

        Also, --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,