Re: The wrong kind of emptiness question

  • Stephen Johnston
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
      Hi Jeff,

      Thhat sounds very interesting, and might describe what is happening.
      It feels right intuitively, but the only thing that keeps from
      saying "Yes! That's it!" is the fact that I have only been meditating
      for a couple of months. However, I did have a sort of spiritual
      experience a few months ago that spontaneously created the feelings I
      now associate with meditation, so perhaps something along those lines
      really is happening.

      Thanks for your insightful response.

      Regards,

      Stephen

      > Here's an opinion: The benefits
      > of meditation that you have experienced
      > are wonderful, as you know. There is
      > also an experience of meditation that is
      > dramatic and sometimes startling (in
      > the right way). A prelude to this
      > sudden in rush of insight or wisdom
      > is often this feelng of emptiness,