Meditation advice.

  • Adam West
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2006

      Hi Jeff,

      May I ask you a couple of questions?

      (1)   What meditation method do you practice?

      (2)   What meditation tradition do you most identify with and find to be of greatest harmony with you personal spiritual experiences?

      (3)   What meditation practice and tradition do you recommend to genuine aspirants of self-realisation?

      (4)   Would you consider providing a few URLÂ’s to sites whose content is consistent with the answers to the above questions?

      Many thanks for your generous assistance!

      In kind regards,

      Adam.

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2006
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Adam West"
        <adamwest1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jeff,

        Hi Batman,

        > May I ask you a couple of questions?

        Sure.

        > (1) What meditation method do you practice?

        My (ideal) is 24/7 of "Quiet Awareness". I practice a couple
        of Kriya Yoga methods - paying attention to the breathing process,
        noticing when inhaling and when exhaling, and find myself using a
        method that is called by several different names - with the tip of
        the tongue touching the roof of the mouth. I write "find myself
        using" because I frequently notice that I am using this method,
        without any conscious effort or intent.

        > (2) What meditation tradition do you most identify with and find
        to be of greatest harmony with you personal spiritual experiences?

        A method that evolved out of the above and "packaged" as The Mystic
        Heart Meditation is one that I use and teach. This is a succession
        of Quiet Awareness (QA), then Breath Awareness (BA) and
        subtle "listening" for the "wisdom whisper" without words from Heart
        Awareness (HA). The mantra Q'Baha is used for the first few seconds
        or minutes of this when sitting for a "formal" meditation time with
        this method.

        > (3) What meditation practice and tradition do you recommend to
        genuine aspirants of self-realisation?

        Adam, I think that a good meditation teacher, preferably an Awakened
        or Self-Realized teacher is important. There are many methods that
        will work for the "genuine aspirant". It seems a matter of finding
        the right teacher and the right setting. I recommend that an aspirant
        pay particular attention to a "resonance in their heart" when they
        listen to, read teachings from, or even see a photograph of an
        Awakened Teacher.

        > (4) Would you consider providing a few URL's to sites whose
        content is consistent with the answers to the above questions?

        Meditationstation.com
        tprf.org
        osho.org
        atman.net/realization
        burtharding.com
        globalserve.org
        mindgoal.com

        > Many thanks for your generous assistance!

        My pleasure.

        > In kind regards,

        Regards back,

        Jeff