Immovable cube question

  • Stephen Johnston
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2006
      Hi,

      Great list, I've been lurking for a while. I'm new to meditation (a
      couple of months) but I came into it sideways from a spiritual
      experience. Anyway, I won't go into all of that here, but I have a
      question.

      About 3/4 into a meditation of about 1/2 hour, I had a micro-second
      vison of a tiny black cube in the middle of space, and I had the very
      clear sense that it was totally immovable. It was more than that, it
      was the essence of immovability. I have never had an experience like
      it, it was the most "definite" thing I have ever experienced, and it
      literally stopped my session.

      It's ridiculous, it was a flash and then it was gone, but the image
      and the feelings that went with it have been lingering for some time
      now.

      Has anybody else had this type of experience?

      I should add that my sessions don't usually involve visual imagery,
      and that the purpose of my meditation is not to have these types of
      experiences (although I am open to them). I meditate for the
      beneficial effects it has on my life (and the people around me) right
      now.

      Thanks in advance for any insight.

      Regards,

      Stephen