Visualization of a Diety

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006
      From our web site, Meditation Station
      this is technique #21, and may be what was
      being looked for in the post titled "Love".
      In any event, it contains 3 ways to, as was
      mentioned in the Love post, "surrender to
      divine and ask him for help" Enjoy!

      Visualization of a Diety

      When a pharmacist goes about preparing a prescription,
      he or she always uses a container of perfect purity to
      place the healing medication into. Similarly, when
      preparing to fill our consciousness with healing meditation,
      we must be sure it is free of impurities. So, begin doing
      this and every meditation, by using whatever techniques
      you have found work best for you, and bring about a state
      of alert, peaceful tranquility to your mind, body, and
      emotions. Be ready to receive all the pure, holy energy
      the universe can fill you with.

      There are actually 3 different traditional techniques that
      deal with visualizing a deity. The first and second ones are
      applicable to those meditators whose relationship with the
      divine includes their God manifesting in human form. The
      third one can be done both by followers of human form deities
      and by those whose vision of God is as light or energy or power.

      The first method directs us to see our deity with as much
      detail as possible. If it is a male biblical figure, for
      instance, see Him as clearly as possible. Start with His holy
      feet. See them gracing the earth with His presence. Then, work
      your way up the body/ robe being aware of every little detail.
      See His hands reaching out to you to take your suffering, your
      offering, to calm you, to carry you. See His serene, compassionate
      face glowing with Love. This technique brings the deity to life. It
      will then interact with you.

      The next technique has you visualizing yourself kneeling in
      front of your savior. Once again see this scene in as great
      a detail as you can. Make an offering to Him - perhaps your
      sadness, or your pain, or your promise to act charitably. See
      the deity accept it and fill you with blissful, endless loving
      energy. Every deity has come for the purpose of easing our pain. See
      His pleasure in doing this for you. Feel the freedom and love
      fill you and know and feel Gratitude.

      The 3rd technique deals with the concept/reality of omnipresence.
      Start by realizing/visualizing your deity filling you completely as
      air fills a balloon. For if God is God, (S)He is everywhere, in
      everything. Then visualize your deity filling someone you know. Then
      see Him in everyone on earth. Then, in everything that lives on earth
      - within all things in the air, in the waters, on and in the earth.
      Now, see this deity filling the Earth, the Sun and the whole solar
      system. Now see the deity filling the Milky Way and then as big as all
      the galaxies. See and feel the unity of everything in the universe
      filled with God and realize that the same energy filling everything is
      filling every atom, every molecule, every cell that makes you up and
      is filling you now and forever.

      You are a part of the Kingdom of God and not apart from it. Know and
      feel this and live happily ever after.