Again...Zen and the Art of Knifemaking

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Pics # 5 and 6 in the photo section show
      why I think that Ironwood is one of the
      most beautiful natural materials. In person,
      much like our bodies, emotions, and mind,
      it gives a 3D effect that makes the wood
      seem to change appearance whenever you move
      it. It is, like it's name (and us), hard and
      resistant to shaping to a predetermined form.
      So it seems to me that it's often best to
      just watch it evolve into whatever its
      supposed to be.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob.