Re: HELP!!!

  • blueoceantiger
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2006
      "myrichesareuntapped" <dixiemae14@...> wrote:

      > Hello all, I'm new here and to meditation. I have what I believe is a
      > serious problem. I am not able to concentrate, and to add fuel to the
      > fire, whenever I attempt to speak to my inner child or focus on trying
      > to resolve painful memories, I become overwhelmed at the memories and
      > cannot go on because the pain is so intense and I just end up a
      > blubbering mess. How do I get past this point? I need healing but I'm
      > afraid to confont whatever it is that's blocking my way and I'm afraid
      > I can't take much more.

      fear is natural. it is energy telling you it is present.
      there are many different ways to deal with pain and it
      is often really helpful to find someone you can trust.
      a person who can be a safe witness to be present with
      you as you bring awareness to that which you have avoided
      until you felt ready to face it. every day people
      use courage and take a chance in clearing what is
      blocked. it is possible. meditation brings attention
      to what is, and often people will discover that there
      are strong feelings, beliefs and memories that have
      been ignored or have simply not been noticed. it is
      really useful and ok to reach out for assistance in
      healing when intense pain is noticed. pain will often
      return over and over until the message has been heard.

      for some, without having support, they believe they
      are failing at meditation, when really it is simply
      another aspect of one's self that is calling for
      attention. you have the ability to read, to type, to
      find your way into an online group, therefore you have
      the ability to concentrate. it is just there is some
      stuff present to be looked at, energy to be released.
      the very part of yourself that has led you to be
      interested in meditation holds the wisdom to take
      you further in your unfolding.

      be kind to your self.
      take care.

      --josie--