Re: [Meditation Society of America] HELP!!!

  • suman sk
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      u know what...
      just focus on teh breaths that u take.. when u do so u will never think abt it. But when u focus on breath dont try to control it just observe it. This is pretty powerful exercise and u may find difficulty initially to observer breath , but with little practice u will start to njoy the beauty of it.

      Regards
      Surendra

      myrichesareuntapped <dixiemae14@...> wrote:
      Hello all, I'm new here and to meditation. I have what I believe is a
      serious problem. I am not able to concentrate, and to add fuel to the
      fire, whenever I attempt to speak to my inner child or focus on trying
      to resolve painful memories, I become overwhelmed at the memories and
      cannot go on because the pain is so intense and I just end up a
      blubbering mess. How do I get past this point?  I need healing but I'm
      afraid to confont whatever it is that's blocking my way and I'm afraid
      I can't take much more.

    • blueoceantiger
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2006
        "myrichesareuntapped" <dixiemae14@...> wrote:

        > Hello all, I'm new here and to meditation. I have what I believe is a
        > serious problem. I am not able to concentrate, and to add fuel to the
        > fire, whenever I attempt to speak to my inner child or focus on trying
        > to resolve painful memories, I become overwhelmed at the memories and
        > cannot go on because the pain is so intense and I just end up a
        > blubbering mess. How do I get past this point? I need healing but I'm
        > afraid to confont whatever it is that's blocking my way and I'm afraid
        > I can't take much more.

        fear is natural. it is energy telling you it is present.
        there are many different ways to deal with pain and it
        is often really helpful to find someone you can trust.
        a person who can be a safe witness to be present with
        you as you bring awareness to that which you have avoided
        until you felt ready to face it. every day people
        use courage and take a chance in clearing what is
        blocked. it is possible. meditation brings attention
        to what is, and often people will discover that there
        are strong feelings, beliefs and memories that have
        been ignored or have simply not been noticed. it is
        really useful and ok to reach out for assistance in
        healing when intense pain is noticed. pain will often
        return over and over until the message has been heard.

        for some, without having support, they believe they
        are failing at meditation, when really it is simply
        another aspect of one's self that is calling for
        attention. you have the ability to read, to type, to
        find your way into an online group, therefore you have
        the ability to concentrate. it is just there is some
        stuff present to be looked at, energy to be released.
        the very part of yourself that has led you to be
        interested in meditation holds the wisdom to take
        you further in your unfolding.

        be kind to your self.
        take care.

        --josie--