Is It an Understanding or a Vision or Both

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2006
      Conscious of the Cosmic
      by Kir Li Molari

      There came a moment where all that could be seen
      by the eyes seemed to be reduced to its atomic
      and sub-atomic nature, and awareness was no longer
      subject to the limits imposed by human eyes.
      The field of vision became unlimited. Then the
      ultraviolet and infrared fields were apparent but
      they too were seen through as if a curtain was
      being ripped asunder. And beyond, in the silence,
      was heard, felt, and seen the infinite consciousness,
      vision, and experience of the eternal love that
      supports all Generation, Operation, and Destruction
      of this and infinite other universes.

      And then the real significance of how the NFL draft
      turns out, and all other things that seem holy and
      important and worth our fretting over was seen in
      its true perspective. And life went on happily ever
      after.
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2006
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Conscious of the Cosmic
        > by Kir Li Molari
        >
        > There came a moment where all that could be seen
        > by the eyes seemed to be reduced to its atomic
        > and sub-atomic nature, and awareness was no longer
        > subject to the limits imposed by human eyes.
        > The field of vision became unlimited. Then the
        > ultraviolet and infrared fields were apparent but
        > they too were seen through as if a curtain was
        > being ripped asunder. And beyond, in the silence,
        > was heard, felt, and seen the infinite consciousness,
        > vision, and experience of the eternal love that
        > supports all Generation, Operation, and Destruction
        > of this and infinite other universes.
        >
        > And then the real significance of how the NFL draft
        > turns out, and all other things that seem holy and
        > important and worth our fretting over was seen in
        > its true perspective. And life went on happily ever
        > after.

        Both. The vision without the understanding
        would fade from consciousness. Jesus made
        this distinction in the parable of the sower.

        He used the metaphor of a farmer sowing seed,
        with our consciousness being the ground and
        the seed being our inherent (potential) knowledge
        of our Oneness within God, or God Consciousness,
        Nondual Realization, Awakening, Enlightenment...

        He spoke of those who would "hear the The Word
        of God"(get a vision, or a sense, of the logos
        of God, the identity of God, the Kingdom within)
        and experience "joy" to varying degrees, but then
        the joy would fade or "the cares of the world",
        like weeds, would choke out the joy after a time.

        Then, in the forth example, he spoke of
        "joy and understanding". The Understanding,
        to which the vision opened the door, takes
        us beyond the limits of sensory and mere
        intellectual experience, to a whole new world,
        a new (or renewed) awareness of nondual reality.
        This brings our ground game to a whole new level,
        and the potential for a fruitful undefeated season.

        What we had experienced as our former reality,
        is now seen as a relatively insignificant
        (though still wonderfully pleasant and
        enjoyable on many levels)secondary sense of
        reality. With the vision and understanding,
        the illusion of separation if dispelled,
        and we become one with the ball...a primary
        receiver.