Re: [Meditation Society of America] INTRO AND QUESTION - Michael

  • Judi Rhodes
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 29, 2002
      He is full of bullshit Tony, "he" is nothing but his mind. And neither are you or anybody else.
      Gratuitous bullshit.

      Judi

      Hi Michael,

      Thank you for this insightful response to Martin's question. I really liked
      the simplicity and clarity of your comments.
      Could you please share your experience of how you eventually realized that
      you are not your mind. Was it gradual or did it come as a sort of flash of
      awareness?

      I have often wondered if your vast spiritual knowledge helped you in this
      realization - how did it influence your realization? Was there any sort of
      special barrier that you had to overcome?

      Thanks in advance...Tony

      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 30, 2002
        Hi Bob,

        In my rush to answer you, I did not reply all your questions.

        While we do not get "I love Lucy" reruns, I have a vague recall of the
        program, but not much of Desi. I think I recall Lucy's caught in the act
        face (in black and white I think).

        I think I will resume my journals - posting here that is, since I keep a
        written journal.

        I have found a subtle difference in my meditation when I post and when I do
        not post. When I post I feel as if a part of me is sitting and watching my
        session and taking notes. From time to time he distracts me when he
        scribbles something down. What I might do is post from my journal entries of
        about one month ago - the problem there is that I forget over half of my
        meditation experience minutes after the session. Maybe I will try both
        approaches and see how it goes.

        Again I am very appreciative of the way you seem to read everyone here so
        well. So well, in fact, that you can interpret things from each person's
        perspective. That is what I might call the "enlightened" perspective!

        ...Tony