Re: [Meditation Society of America] Prayer Ineffective - - -

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 15, 2006
      "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
      > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
      > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
      > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
      > rhetoric"

      jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

      <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
      > <dattapr2000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary
      > > divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could
      > > intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the
      > > logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking
      > > personally.
      >
      > There is no need to attack the mythological with logic.
      >
      > Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
      > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
      > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
      > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
      > rhetoric.

    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
        <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

        > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
        > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
        > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
        > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
        > > rhetoric"
        >
        > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

        Yes.
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
          Gains/accomplishments so far?

          <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
          > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
          > >

          > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
          > > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
          > > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
          > > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
          > > > rhetoric"
          > >
          > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
          >
          > Yes.

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
            <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

            > Gains/accomplishments so far?

            I've never meditated for gain or
            accomplishment.

            > <jodyrrr@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
            > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
            > > >
            > > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
            > >
            > > Yes.

          • blueoceantiger
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
              <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
              > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Gains/accomplishments so far?
              >
              > I've never meditated for gain or
              > accomplishment.
              >
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
              > > <jodyrrr@> wrote:

              > > > Yes.

              hi jody:

              you wrote:

              > I've never meditated for gain or
              > accomplishment.

              just curious whether you would be willing
              to articulate what moves you to meditate
              and what your experience is of meditating.
              what value or benefit do you find, assuming
              it is positive for you?

              love,
              --josie
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                <jkane@...> wrote:

                [snip]

                > hi jody:
                >
                > you wrote:
                >
                > > I've never meditated for gain or
                > > accomplishment.
                >
                > just curious whether you would be willing
                > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                > and what your experience is of meditating.
                > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                > it is positive for you?
                >
                > love,
                > --josie

                There isn't much to say, Josie. My guru gave
                the mantra and so I say it. I imagine there
                are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                is a bit more calm than it would have been
                otherwise.
              • AKBAR HIRANI
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                  Hey Jody when one meditates he or she does it to feel the presence of God and His Super Intelligence insude as well as obtain peace of mind, heart and soul,. Not with a purpose  to gain material success or anything else. Once you are selfish in meditation its not a meditation but shallow thinking which will not get you the spititual enlightenment nor inner peace, happiness, or strength.

                  You can better achieve worldly success by higher education, hard work etc. and not by meditation alone.

                  AKBAR.

                  jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                  <jkane@...> wrote:

                  [snip]

                  > hi jody:
                  >
                  > you wrote:
                  >
                  > > I've never meditated for gain or
                  > > accomplishment.
                  >
                  > just curious whether you would be willing
                  > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                  > and what your experience is of meditating.
                  > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                  > it is positive for you?
                  >
                  > love,
                  > --josie

                  There isn't much to say, Josie.  My guru gave
                  the mantra and so I say it.  I imagine there
                  are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                  couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                  is a bit more calm than it would have been
                  otherwise.

                  '' THE HORSE THINKS ONE THING
                     AND HE WHO SADDLES ANOTHER ''. AGH.

                • jogeshwarmahanta
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                    Josie

                    You have rightly elicited what I wanted to know from jodyrr. A cause
                    has an effect and an action has its results. I think none acts for
                    nothing.

                    regards,
                    Jogeshwar