Wisdom From Pennsylvania's Founder

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
      "I expect to pass through life but once.
      If therefore, there be any kindness I can show,
      or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
      let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
      as I shall not pass this way again."
      -William Penn (1644-1718)
    • blueoceantiger
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > "I expect to pass through life but once.
        > If therefore, there be any kindness I can show,
        > or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
        > let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
        > as I shall not pass this way again."
        > -William Penn (1644-1718)

        when we really look at what is in front of us,
        what is present but ourselves? knowing that
        all suffer, how can we do anything but be kind?
        sooner or later, we must make peace with
        whatever we have disowned. and until that
        acceptance is given, peace is excluded.

        at the same time, it is ok to be tender with
        what we need to call "not me". and yet, when
        we recognize ourselves in even that, it is
        a falling into wonder, a falling into this
        moment, fully, as all of the flow. all of it.

        what i hold back, arises ever so, to be
        fully released. that is the curse and the
        blessing. nothing can be avoided. and, it
        is true freedom. there are a million chances
        to show kindness. it always begins right
        now.

        --josie--
      • aideenmck
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2006
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
          <jkane@...> wrote:

          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "I expect to pass through life but once.
          > > If therefore, there be any kindness I can show,
          > > or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
          > > let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
          > > as I shall not pass this way again."
          > > -William Penn (1644-1718)
          > >

          > when we really look at what is in front of us,
          > what is present but ourselves? knowing that
          > all suffer, how can we do anything but be kind?
          > sooner or later, we must make peace with
          > whatever we have disowned. and until that
          > acceptance is given, peace is excluded.
          >
          > at the same time, it is ok to be tender with
          > what we need to call "not me". and yet, when
          > we recognize ourselves in even that, it is
          > a falling into wonder, a falling into this
          > moment, fully, as all of the flow. all of it.
          >
          > what i hold back, arises ever so, to be
          > fully released. that is the curse and the
          > blessing. nothing can be avoided. and, it
          > is true freedom. there are a million chances
          > to show kindness. it always begins right
          > now.
          >
          > --josie--

          Thanks to Bob, William Penn, and Josie.
          Aideen