Re: [Meditation Society of America] Prayer Ineffective - - -

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 10, 2006
      Hanuman, a topmost devotee identified Lord Rama and served Him and always said ‘I am servant to Lord Rama’. He even performed many miracles also and still he has given credit of them to Rama only. (Dasoham kosalendrasya.....) For such worship, Lord has given future creator post to Hanuman. St. Peter, St. John, St. Luke... identified Lord Jesus by His divine knowledge and participated in the propagation of divine knowledge.

      Gopikas identified and worshipped Lord Krishna, the then human incarnation only and got the highest fruit of top most Goloka. Swami Vivekananda participated in the mission of propagation of divine knowledge on the order of the then human incarnation Rama Krishna Paramahamsa.

      Likewise the disciples of Adi Sankara worshipped Him as lord and latter on participated in the propagation of divine knowledge. Meerabai also propagated Krishna Bhakti by composing hymns and propagated them.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
      surya
      www.universal-spirituality.org

      jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:
      What are the benefits of Shirsasana? My reply is-honestly I do not know. I like to do it. So I do. Please do and see what happens.
      Can you heal me? certainly not. It is you who can heal yourself,if at all.
      What happens if a tempo driver makes roll call daily and even a bank manager, industrialist or a professor says "Yes Sir"?
      I do not think, you are familiar with such a cause and effect. To be familiar with, please see the reality in our ZERO PATHOLOGY GANGA.

      regards,
      Jogeshwar

    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 10, 2006
        <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

        [snip]

        > In all these the disciples identified the Lord in the human
        > form during their time and participated in His mission as
        > servants. So, first one should identify the Satguru and then
        > learn divine knowledge from Him. These disciples worshipped
        > their Satguru. At His order, they participated in the propagation
        > of divine knowledge as Service to Lord. Service only proves our
        > real devotion, which consists of Karma phala tyaga (sacrifice of
        > money) & karma sanyasa (physically participating in His mission).

        Horrendously self-serving caterwauling for money and
        someone to boss around noted.
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
          1.Sat guru can be only he/she who neither tacitly nor by expression
          claims so.

          2. He/she who has regulated his/her metabolism favourably- neither
          bald, nor wears glass, nor has wrinkles on his/her skin etc etc.

          regards,
          Jogeshwar

          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006

            The Lord is the father of all the souls. Your love on another human being is only brotherly love. The love of the father is far greater than the brotherly love. You are criticizing your father for punishing your brother! The father tries His best to transform His son. On the first day of the war Ravana was defeated by Rama. Rama could have killed him on the very first day. But Rama asked Ravana to go back and think that night. The Lord punishes anyone as last resort. Even then, the Lord does not have anger or hatred. The punishment is only the last method attempted for transformation. There also the aim is only transformation. But when you punish your enemy such aim does not exist. Therefore the punishment by Lord is also reflecting His divine love and kindness on the soul. Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul. He is just like a teacher who punishes the student for his misbehavior. The teacher does not get any sin in such punishment. The reason again is that the intention decides the action.

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
              <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

              > 1.Sat guru can be only he/she who neither tacitly nor by expression
              > claims so.
              >
              > 2. He/she who has regulated his/her metabolism favourably- neither
              > bald, nor wears glass, nor has wrinkles on his/her skin etc etc.

              That is ridiculous.

              Using the evidence of siddhis to determine the fitness of
              a guru is like expecting a baby to pop out of the womb in
              full speech because his mother was an English professor.

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

                [snip]

                > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.
              • Vernellia.Randall@notes.udayton.edu
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006

                  I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile environment. I do not want to be on a list where individuals are dealing with each other in a hostile manner.  For Example:

                              "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.
                                Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."

                  I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                  Vernellia

                  > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                  Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.

                • suman sk

                    > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                    Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.

                  • Bruce Morgen
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                      Actually, it was the aggressive
                      guru-touting post that started
                      this ball rolling imo. I think
                      if folks can refrain from such
                      promotional activities, we can
                      also avoid distasteful (but
                      understandable) reactions to
                      what amounts to copy and paste
                      list spamming.

                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                        Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:

                        > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning
                        a spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in
                        a hostile environment. I do not want to be on a list where
                        individuals are dealing with each other in a hostile manner.
                        For Example:

                        >>"Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized
                        to punish the soul.

                        >>>Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                        >
                        > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking
                        anyone to change or do anything different - but I want to
                        know so I can make a choice about whether this is the right
                        list for me.

                        > Vernellia

                        Yo Vernellia,
                        I think that Jodyji is sincere and trying to make an effort
                        to divert anyone from following a false guru, and he is doing
                        it in a way he is comfortable with. Similarly, Dattaji is
                        trying to get people to follow who he thinks is a true Godman,
                        and doing it in the way he is comfortable. And both have
                        good intentions. But which is really "right"? One seemingly
                        berates the other, and the other seems to be threatening to
                        "punish" any who don't buy into his story. So between them,
                        we have an opportunity to look within and see if there are
                        any Jodys or Dattas in us. And we learn. And we can post a
                        query that asks if this is appropriate, because that's what
                        we feel comfortable with, as it seems to be what you are
                        doing. And all these are potentially valuable lessons in
                        spiritual evolution. I think if you explore the 14,000+
                        with compassion and humility, and not typified by the ones
                        you have selected here to focus on. But I don't know of any
                        group where there is such a diversity of religious/spiritual
                        meditation practices being shared and commented on. And after
                        all, you will see with the eyes you see with, and hear with
                        the ears you hear with, and get out of that what you will.
                        And sometimes a gentle caress will just put you to sleep,
                        and sometimes it takes a hearty shake to awaken. And I think
                        we're blessed to have a occasional shaker to go along with
                        the many many caresser's we have in this group.
                      • jodyrrr
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                          Ok folks. I'll leave Swami Datta alone.

                          Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:

                          > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a spiritual
                          journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile environment. I
                          do not want to be on a list where individuals are dealing with each
                          other in a hostile manner. For Example:

                          > "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish
                          the soul.
                          > Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                          >
                          > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to
                          change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a
                          choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                          > Vernellia

                        • jodyrrr
                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, suman sk
                            <sumansk@...> wrote:

                            > hey admin...
                            > this has been too much. why dont u ban jodyr from this group..
                            >
                            > SK

                            Datta attempts to use this list as his own recruiting pool by making
                            grandiose claims about himself. It's like a small town theater
                            director telling you he's making a 60 million dollar movie and that he
                            wants you as his star.

                            Please note I was antagonizing Datta to use his divine powers to smite
                            me. All these inflated head cases are the same. They say they can
                            make things happen by way of their God-like powers, but as soon as you
                            ask them to do something, they demure and make excuses.

                            But I don't want to scare anyone off, so I will refrain from these
                            kinds of comments here from now on.

                            > Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:
                            >
                            > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a
                            spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile
                            environment. I do not want to be on a list where individuals are
                            dealing with each other in a hostile manner. For Example:

                            > "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to
                            punish the soul.
                            > Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                            >
                            > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to
                            change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a
                            choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                            > Vernellia

                            Service.

                            > ---------------------------------
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            and save big.

                          • prakki surya
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                              Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking personally. Demon Sisupala accused Lord Krishna 100 times and all the 100 times, He did not say anything. Afterwards also Lord killed Him without any trace of revenge in His act. He killed Him to eliminate the sinner as part of establishing justice. Such is the divine nature, which you can never understand.

                              This shows that Lord is above fame ...etc. Even great scientists were not identified during their time. Some were killed, some were tortured ...  etc. Even after passing of so many decades, so called advancement of science..., it is the pathetic state of humanity that their egoism and jelousy were never crucified. It is really horrible if we remember cases like crucifixion of Jesus, black magic on Adi Sankara etc. Few people of such quality are there who does such activities. They have to pay for their deeds severely afterwards.

                              If you keep Jesus in the place of the present human incarnation and place the same blind priests in the place of present blind followers, you can understand the truth because the same story and the same cinema is repeated with different actors having different names. This is the best way of understanding the truth. Those priests also opposed Jesus, when He argued with wonderful reason. The duty of the teacher finishes by teaching clearly to the class. It is up to the student to grasp it and pass or twist it and fail following the sweet emotional advises of bad blind friends. The Lord is not worried about the percentage of pass because there is no fault in His teaching. He should not be blamed for the pass or failure of the students. A student himself is to be blamed.

                              When the messenger comes to the earth, he delivers his duty so that the God is pleased with him in the upper world. He is not bothered about the fame in this world or the number of followers. God will not find fault with the messenger if the human beings did not pass. He finds fault with the messenger if the message is not properly delivered. Jesus never bothered about propagation of His knowledge. His aim was only to sit on the right side of His pleased Father after doing the duty assigned by Him. He never cared even if the people rejected, insulted and even crucified Him. His aim was God but not the world.

                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 12, 2006
                                <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                > --- In
                                > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:

                                "That is ridiculous.

                                > Using the evidence of siddhis to determine the fitness of
                                > a guru is like expecting a baby to pop out of the womb in
                                > full speech because his mother was an English professor."

                                The deniel analogy is great without any assertion on the point.

                                regards,
                                Jogeshwar

                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 12, 2006
                                  <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

                                  > Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary
                                  > divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could
                                  > intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the
                                  > logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking
                                  > personally.

                                  There is no need to attack the mythological with logic.

                                  Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                  at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                  him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                  nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                  rhetoric.
                                • jogeshwarmahanta
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 15, 2006
                                    "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                    > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                    > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                    > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                    > rhetoric"

                                    jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

                                    <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                                    > <dattapr2000@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary
                                    > > divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could
                                    > > intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the
                                    > > logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking
                                    > > personally.
                                    >
                                    > There is no need to attack the mythological with logic.
                                    >
                                    > Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                    > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                    > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                    > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                    > rhetoric.

                                  • jodyrrr
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
                                      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                                      > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                      > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                      > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                      > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                      > > rhetoric"
                                      >
                                      > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

                                      Yes.
                                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
                                        Gains/accomplishments so far?

                                        <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                        > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                        > > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                        > > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                        > > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                        > > > rhetoric"
                                        > >
                                        > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
                                        >
                                        > Yes.

                                      • jodyrrr
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                          <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                                          > Gains/accomplishments so far?

                                          I've never meditated for gain or
                                          accomplishment.

                                          > <jodyrrr@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                          > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                          > > >

                                          > > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                          > > >
                                          > > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
                                          > >
                                          > > Yes.

                                        • blueoceantiger
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                            <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                            > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Gains/accomplishments so far?
                                            >
                                            > I've never meditated for gain or
                                            > accomplishment.
                                            >
                                            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                                            > > <jodyrrr@> wrote:

                                            > > > Yes.

                                            hi jody:

                                            you wrote:

                                            > I've never meditated for gain or
                                            > accomplishment.

                                            just curious whether you would be willing
                                            to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                            and what your experience is of meditating.
                                            what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                            it is positive for you?

                                            love,
                                            --josie
                                          • jodyrrr
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                                              <jkane@...> wrote:

                                              [snip]

                                              > hi jody:
                                              >
                                              > you wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > I've never meditated for gain or
                                              > > accomplishment.
                                              >
                                              > just curious whether you would be willing
                                              > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                              > and what your experience is of meditating.
                                              > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                              > it is positive for you?
                                              >
                                              > love,
                                              > --josie

                                              There isn't much to say, Josie. My guru gave
                                              the mantra and so I say it. I imagine there
                                              are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                                              couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                                              is a bit more calm than it would have been
                                              otherwise.
                                            • AKBAR HIRANI
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                                                Hey Jody when one meditates he or she does it to feel the presence of God and His Super Intelligence insude as well as obtain peace of mind, heart and soul,. Not with a purpose  to gain material success or anything else. Once you are selfish in meditation its not a meditation but shallow thinking which will not get you the spititual enlightenment nor inner peace, happiness, or strength.

                                                You can better achieve worldly success by higher education, hard work etc. and not by meditation alone.

                                                AKBAR.

                                                jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                                                <jkane@...> wrote:

                                                [snip]

                                                > hi jody:
                                                >
                                                > you wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > I've never meditated for gain or
                                                > > accomplishment.
                                                >
                                                > just curious whether you would be willing
                                                > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                                > and what your experience is of meditating.
                                                > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                                > it is positive for you?
                                                >
                                                > love,
                                                > --josie

                                                There isn't much to say, Josie.  My guru gave
                                                the mantra and so I say it.  I imagine there
                                                are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                                                couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                                                is a bit more calm than it would have been
                                                otherwise.

                                                '' THE HORSE THINKS ONE THING
                                                   AND HE WHO SADDLES ANOTHER ''. AGH.

                                              • jogeshwarmahanta
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                                                  Josie

                                                  You have rightly elicited what I wanted to know from jodyrr. A cause
                                                  has an effect and an action has its results. I think none acts for
                                                  nothing.

                                                  regards,
                                                  Jogeshwar