Sequential Substitution ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2006
      Friends:

      How to gradually exchange gross Feeling with fine Feeling?

      There are 6 kinds of Feeling: Feeling born of eye-contact, ear-contact,
      nose-contact, tongue-contact, body-contact and mind-contact.

      1: One exchanges these 6 kinds of gladness (mental pleasurable feeling)
          of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of gladness of the Noble life...

      2: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of sadness (mental painful feeling)
          of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of sadness of the Noble life...

      3: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of indifference (mental neutral feeling)
          of the lay householder with the 6 kinds of equanimity of the Noble life...

      4: One exchanges the 6 Noble sadnesses with the 6 kinds of Noble gladness...

      5: One exchanges the 6 Noble gladnesses with the 6 kinds of Noble equanimity...

      6: One then exchanges the 6 kinds of Noble equanimity based on diversity,
          with the one single Noble equanimity based on Unity...

      7: One exchanges the Noble equanimity based on Unity with Non-identification...

      Source text: MN 137. The Moderate Speeches of the Buddha: Majjhima Nikaya 137.

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.