Re: [Meditation Society of America] Prayer Ineffective - - -

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 9, 2006
      A prostitute sacrifices sweet words and sweet feelings of mind for getting her minimum requirement. This is justified. But today the people who are having already the minimum are trying to please the Lord through sweet words and sweet feelings of mind (devotion) to get extra from the Lord. These devotees are called as divine prostitutes who can never be excused by the Lord. One can please a person who is either ignorant or a person having less knowledge in false way. But no one can please the Lord who has the full knowledge (Sarvajna). If any one tries to please the Lord by the sacrifice of words and mind only, such a person is blind. These people are made blind by the fraud preachers who exploit their ignorance and natural ambition. The people who follow such fraud preachers loose time here and those fraud preachers will be punished there. These fraud teachers encourage these innocent people and make them to do Karma Phala Tyaga also. These innocent people are advised to spend hundred rupees and get one lakh rupees from God.

      A part of these hundred rupees is wasted in purchasing some unnecessary materials and these fraud preachers steal another part. Such a sacrifice of the fruit of the work cannot be the Karma Phala Tyaga. It is just like a patient going to a fraud doctor and loosing money and time without any reduction in his illness. Sometimes the illness may increase. In such worships the Lord is giving the fruits of your own good works which are present in the future life cycle arrangements. The fruit of good work from your future birth is drawn to this birth as a pre-matured deposit. You are thinking that you have attained the fruit of the good work, which you have not done just by spending hundred rupees. You are getting rid of the present trouble because the Lord is pushing this trouble to the future birth with added interest. By this your future life cycles become miserable with full of troubles only from birth to death. Are you not seeing such people in the world? They blame the Lord for such life cycle but they do not know that they pressed the Lord for this in their previous births. You just see this wonderful world and imagine the intelligence of the Lord. No body including your fraud teacher can fool the God. Therefore the present tradition of blind preachers and blind followers is leading finally to the ever-lasting fire only. Therefore it is better to know the true path which is established by Vedas and Bhagavat Gita. It is better to put at least one step in the true path because the distance from the goal is reduced at least by one step. What is the use of putting hundred steps in false path by which you have moved away from the goal by hundred steps? The true path is only Hanuman and Gopikas i.e., Karma Sanyasa and Karma Phala Tyaga and both put together called as Karma Yoga as emphasized every where in Gita.

      The value of the words and mind are two paise only. The value of practical action is hundred paise. If you do the sacrifice of these three (words, mind and action) without aspiring anything in return you will get the fruit from the God according to the corresponding values. If you praise the Lord without aspiring anything, the Lord will praise you by His sweet voice. If you meditate upon the Lord without aspiring anything the Lord will love you with His sweet heart. If you serve the Lord practically without aspiring anything the Lord also gives the fruit in the same practical way. Hanuman simply participated in the work of the Lord. He was given the highest post, which is the fruit that is practically real. Gita says that He will approach you in the same way as you approach Him (1). Gopikas sacrificed the fruit of their work and they were given the highest Goloka. In these examples sacrifice is without aspiring anything in return from the Lord. Such sacrifice is called ‘Nishkama Karma Yoga’. But when you do the same sacrifice aspiring the fruit in return, you will get the results accordingly here also. But here the results are the fruits of your own works, which are arranged in the future cycles.

      at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
      surya
      www.universal-spirituality.org

      jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:
      How can a cause will not have effect? This is reversal of basic foundation of science.The finding suffers from Rosenthal effect on the investigators.
      regards,
      Jogeshwar

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 9, 2006
        Cause and effect.

        What are the benefits of Shirsasana? My reply is-honestly I do not
        know. I like to do it. So I do. Please do and see what happens.

        What are the benefits of Tandva Nritya? My answer is more or less
        the same.

        Can you heal me? certainly not. It is you who can heal yourself,if
        at all.

        What happens if a tempo driver makes roll call daily and even a bank
        manager, industrialist or a professor says "Yes Sir"?

        I do not think, you are familiar with such a cause and effect. To
        be familiar with, please see the reality in our ZERO PATHOLOGY GANGA.

        regards,
        Jogeshwar

        <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

> [...]
        highest Goloka. In these examples sacrifice is without aspiring
        anything in return from the Lord. Such sacrifice is called
        > `Nishkama Karma Yoga'. But when you do the same sacrifice
        aspiring the fruit in return, you will get the results accordingly
        here also. But here the results are the fruits of your own works,
        which are arranged in the future cycles.

        > at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        > surya
        > www.universal-spirituality.org
        >
        > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:
        > How can a cause will not have effect? This is reversal of basic
        foundation of science.The finding suffers from Rosenthal effect on
        the investigators.
        > regards,
        > Jogeshwar
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for
        just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 10, 2006
          Hanuman, a topmost devotee identified Lord Rama and served Him and always said ‘I am servant to Lord Rama’. He even performed many miracles also and still he has given credit of them to Rama only. (Dasoham kosalendrasya.....) For such worship, Lord has given future creator post to Hanuman. St. Peter, St. John, St. Luke... identified Lord Jesus by His divine knowledge and participated in the propagation of divine knowledge.

          Gopikas identified and worshipped Lord Krishna, the then human incarnation only and got the highest fruit of top most Goloka. Swami Vivekananda participated in the mission of propagation of divine knowledge on the order of the then human incarnation Rama Krishna Paramahamsa.

          Likewise the disciples of Adi Sankara worshipped Him as lord and latter on participated in the propagation of divine knowledge. Meerabai also propagated Krishna Bhakti by composing hymns and propagated them.

          at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
          surya
          www.universal-spirituality.org

          jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:
          What are the benefits of Shirsasana? My reply is-honestly I do not know. I like to do it. So I do. Please do and see what happens.
          Can you heal me? certainly not. It is you who can heal yourself,if at all.
          What happens if a tempo driver makes roll call daily and even a bank manager, industrialist or a professor says "Yes Sir"?
          I do not think, you are familiar with such a cause and effect. To be familiar with, please see the reality in our ZERO PATHOLOGY GANGA.

          regards,
          Jogeshwar

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 10, 2006
            <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

            [snip]

            > In all these the disciples identified the Lord in the human
            > form during their time and participated in His mission as
            > servants. So, first one should identify the Satguru and then
            > learn divine knowledge from Him. These disciples worshipped
            > their Satguru. At His order, they participated in the propagation
            > of divine knowledge as Service to Lord. Service only proves our
            > real devotion, which consists of Karma phala tyaga (sacrifice of
            > money) & karma sanyasa (physically participating in His mission).

            Horrendously self-serving caterwauling for money and
            someone to boss around noted.
          • jogeshwarmahanta
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
              1.Sat guru can be only he/she who neither tacitly nor by expression
              claims so.

              2. He/she who has regulated his/her metabolism favourably- neither
              bald, nor wears glass, nor has wrinkles on his/her skin etc etc.

              regards,
              Jogeshwar

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006

                The Lord is the father of all the souls. Your love on another human being is only brotherly love. The love of the father is far greater than the brotherly love. You are criticizing your father for punishing your brother! The father tries His best to transform His son. On the first day of the war Ravana was defeated by Rama. Rama could have killed him on the very first day. But Rama asked Ravana to go back and think that night. The Lord punishes anyone as last resort. Even then, the Lord does not have anger or hatred. The punishment is only the last method attempted for transformation. There also the aim is only transformation. But when you punish your enemy such aim does not exist. Therefore the punishment by Lord is also reflecting His divine love and kindness on the soul. Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul. He is just like a teacher who punishes the student for his misbehavior. The teacher does not get any sin in such punishment. The reason again is that the intention decides the action.

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                  <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                  > 1.Sat guru can be only he/she who neither tacitly nor by expression
                  > claims so.
                  >
                  > 2. He/she who has regulated his/her metabolism favourably- neither
                  > bald, nor wears glass, nor has wrinkles on his/her skin etc etc.

                  That is ridiculous.

                  Using the evidence of siddhis to determine the fitness of
                  a guru is like expecting a baby to pop out of the womb in
                  full speech because his mother was an English professor.

                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                    <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

                    [snip]

                    > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                    Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.
                  • Vernellia.Randall@notes.udayton.edu
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006

                      I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile environment. I do not want to be on a list where individuals are dealing with each other in a hostile manner.  For Example:

                                  "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.
                                    Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."

                      I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                      Vernellia

                      > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                      Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.

                    • suman sk

                        > Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul.

                        Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman.

                      • Bruce Morgen
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                          Actually, it was the aggressive
                          guru-touting post that started
                          this ball rolling imo. I think
                          if folks can refrain from such
                          promotional activities, we can
                          also avoid distasteful (but
                          understandable) reactions to
                          what amounts to copy and paste
                          list spamming.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                            Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:

                            > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning
                            a spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in
                            a hostile environment. I do not want to be on a list where
                            individuals are dealing with each other in a hostile manner.
                            For Example:

                            >>"Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized
                            to punish the soul.

                            >>>Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                            >
                            > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking
                            anyone to change or do anything different - but I want to
                            know so I can make a choice about whether this is the right
                            list for me.

                            > Vernellia

                            Yo Vernellia,
                            I think that Jodyji is sincere and trying to make an effort
                            to divert anyone from following a false guru, and he is doing
                            it in a way he is comfortable with. Similarly, Dattaji is
                            trying to get people to follow who he thinks is a true Godman,
                            and doing it in the way he is comfortable. And both have
                            good intentions. But which is really "right"? One seemingly
                            berates the other, and the other seems to be threatening to
                            "punish" any who don't buy into his story. So between them,
                            we have an opportunity to look within and see if there are
                            any Jodys or Dattas in us. And we learn. And we can post a
                            query that asks if this is appropriate, because that's what
                            we feel comfortable with, as it seems to be what you are
                            doing. And all these are potentially valuable lessons in
                            spiritual evolution. I think if you explore the 14,000+
                            with compassion and humility, and not typified by the ones
                            you have selected here to focus on. But I don't know of any
                            group where there is such a diversity of religious/spiritual
                            meditation practices being shared and commented on. And after
                            all, you will see with the eyes you see with, and hear with
                            the ears you hear with, and get out of that what you will.
                            And sometimes a gentle caress will just put you to sleep,
                            and sometimes it takes a hearty shake to awaken. And I think
                            we're blessed to have a occasional shaker to go along with
                            the many many caresser's we have in this group.
                          • jodyrrr
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                              Ok folks. I'll leave Swami Datta alone.

                              Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:

                              > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a spiritual
                              journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile environment. I
                              do not want to be on a list where individuals are dealing with each
                              other in a hostile manner. For Example:

                              > "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish
                              the soul.
                              > Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                              >
                              > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to
                              change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a
                              choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                              > Vernellia

                            • jodyrrr
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, suman sk
                                <sumansk@...> wrote:

                                > hey admin...
                                > this has been too much. why dont u ban jodyr from this group..
                                >
                                > SK

                                Datta attempts to use this list as his own recruiting pool by making
                                grandiose claims about himself. It's like a small town theater
                                director telling you he's making a 60 million dollar movie and that he
                                wants you as his star.

                                Please note I was antagonizing Datta to use his divine powers to smite
                                me. All these inflated head cases are the same. They say they can
                                make things happen by way of their God-like powers, but as soon as you
                                ask them to do something, they demure and make excuses.

                                But I don't want to scare anyone off, so I will refrain from these
                                kinds of comments here from now on.

                                > Vernellia.Randall@... wrote:
                                >
                                > I am new to the list. I joined it because I am beginning a
                                spiritual journey. I do anti-racism work and I work in a hostile
                                environment. I do not want to be on a list where individuals are
                                dealing with each other in a hostile manner. For Example:

                                > "Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to
                                punish the soul.
                                > Bring it on, you pathetic wannabe godman."
                                >
                                > I have enough of that in my daily life. I am not asking anyone to
                                change or do anything different - but I want to know so I can make a
                                choice about whether this is the right list for me.

                                > Vernellia

                                Service.

                                > ---------------------------------
                                >

                                > ---------------------------------
                                and save big.

                              • prakki surya
                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 11, 2006
                                  Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking personally. Demon Sisupala accused Lord Krishna 100 times and all the 100 times, He did not say anything. Afterwards also Lord killed Him without any trace of revenge in His act. He killed Him to eliminate the sinner as part of establishing justice. Such is the divine nature, which you can never understand.

                                  This shows that Lord is above fame ...etc. Even great scientists were not identified during their time. Some were killed, some were tortured ...  etc. Even after passing of so many decades, so called advancement of science..., it is the pathetic state of humanity that their egoism and jelousy were never crucified. It is really horrible if we remember cases like crucifixion of Jesus, black magic on Adi Sankara etc. Few people of such quality are there who does such activities. They have to pay for their deeds severely afterwards.

                                  If you keep Jesus in the place of the present human incarnation and place the same blind priests in the place of present blind followers, you can understand the truth because the same story and the same cinema is repeated with different actors having different names. This is the best way of understanding the truth. Those priests also opposed Jesus, when He argued with wonderful reason. The duty of the teacher finishes by teaching clearly to the class. It is up to the student to grasp it and pass or twist it and fail following the sweet emotional advises of bad blind friends. The Lord is not worried about the percentage of pass because there is no fault in His teaching. He should not be blamed for the pass or failure of the students. A student himself is to be blamed.

                                  When the messenger comes to the earth, he delivers his duty so that the God is pleased with him in the upper world. He is not bothered about the fame in this world or the number of followers. God will not find fault with the messenger if the human beings did not pass. He finds fault with the messenger if the message is not properly delivered. Jesus never bothered about propagation of His knowledge. His aim was only to sit on the right side of His pleased Father after doing the duty assigned by Him. He never cared even if the people rejected, insulted and even crucified Him. His aim was God but not the world.

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 12, 2006
                                    <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                    > --- In
                                    > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:

                                    "That is ridiculous.

                                    > Using the evidence of siddhis to determine the fitness of
                                    > a guru is like expecting a baby to pop out of the womb in
                                    > full speech because his mother was an English professor."

                                    The deniel analogy is great without any assertion on the point.

                                    regards,
                                    Jogeshwar

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 12, 2006
                                      <dattapr2000@...> wrote:

                                      > Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary
                                      > divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could
                                      > intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the
                                      > logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking
                                      > personally.

                                      There is no need to attack the mythological with logic.

                                      Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                      at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                      him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                      nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                      rhetoric.
                                    • jogeshwarmahanta
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 15, 2006
                                        "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                        > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                        > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                        > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                        > rhetoric"

                                        jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

                                        <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya
                                        > <dattapr2000@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Swamiji has already shown His power by writing extraordinary
                                        > > divine messages. sofar not only you, anybody on the net could
                                        > > intersect with any counter logic. You could not attack the
                                        > > logic & concept but like a street fighter, you are attacking
                                        > > personally.
                                        >
                                        > There is no need to attack the mythological with logic.
                                        >
                                        > Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                        > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                        > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                        > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                        > rhetoric.

                                      • jodyrrr
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
                                          <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                                          > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                          > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                          > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                          > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                          > > rhetoric"
                                          >
                                          > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?

                                          Yes.
                                        • jogeshwarmahanta
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 17, 2006
                                            Gains/accomplishments so far?

                                            <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                            > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                            > > > at the expense of readers who know better. I'm challenging
                                            > > > him personally. Put up or shut up. As expected, he has
                                            > > > nothing to show for his divinity save for more self-serving
                                            > > > rhetoric"
                                            > >
                                            > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
                                            >
                                            > Yes.

                                          • jodyrrr
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                              <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

                                              > Gains/accomplishments so far?

                                              I've never meditated for gain or
                                              accomplishment.

                                              > <jodyrrr@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                              > > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                              > > >

                                              > > > "Swami's message is nothing more than self-aggrandizement
                                              > > >
                                              > > > jodyrrr! Are you really a meditator?
                                              > >
                                              > > Yes.

                                            • blueoceantiger
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                                <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
                                                > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Gains/accomplishments so far?
                                                >
                                                > I've never meditated for gain or
                                                > accomplishment.
                                                >
                                                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
                                                > > <jodyrrr@> wrote:

                                                > > > Yes.

                                                hi jody:

                                                you wrote:

                                                > I've never meditated for gain or
                                                > accomplishment.

                                                just curious whether you would be willing
                                                to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                                and what your experience is of meditating.
                                                what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                                it is positive for you?

                                                love,
                                                --josie
                                              • jodyrrr
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 18, 2006
                                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                                                  <jkane@...> wrote:

                                                  [snip]

                                                  > hi jody:
                                                  >
                                                  > you wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > > I've never meditated for gain or
                                                  > > accomplishment.
                                                  >
                                                  > just curious whether you would be willing
                                                  > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                                  > and what your experience is of meditating.
                                                  > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                                  > it is positive for you?
                                                  >
                                                  > love,
                                                  > --josie

                                                  There isn't much to say, Josie. My guru gave
                                                  the mantra and so I say it. I imagine there
                                                  are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                                                  couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                                                  is a bit more calm than it would have been
                                                  otherwise.
                                                • AKBAR HIRANI
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                                                    Hey Jody when one meditates he or she does it to feel the presence of God and His Super Intelligence insude as well as obtain peace of mind, heart and soul,. Not with a purpose  to gain material success or anything else. Once you are selfish in meditation its not a meditation but shallow thinking which will not get you the spititual enlightenment nor inner peace, happiness, or strength.

                                                    You can better achieve worldly success by higher education, hard work etc. and not by meditation alone.

                                                    AKBAR.

                                                    jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                                                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
                                                    <jkane@...> wrote:

                                                    [snip]

                                                    > hi jody:
                                                    >
                                                    > you wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    > > I've never meditated for gain or
                                                    > > accomplishment.
                                                    >
                                                    > just curious whether you would be willing
                                                    > to articulate what moves you to meditate
                                                    > and what your experience is of meditating.
                                                    > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
                                                    > it is positive for you?
                                                    >
                                                    > love,
                                                    > --josie

                                                    There isn't much to say, Josie.  My guru gave
                                                    the mantra and so I say it.  I imagine there
                                                    are benefits, but I don't think about them and
                                                    couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
                                                    is a bit more calm than it would have been
                                                    otherwise.

                                                    '' THE HORSE THINKS ONE THING
                                                       AND HE WHO SADDLES ANOTHER ''. AGH.

                                                  • jogeshwarmahanta
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Apr 20, 2006
                                                      Josie

                                                      You have rightly elicited what I wanted to know from jodyrr. A cause
                                                      has an effect and an action has its results. I think none acts for
                                                      nothing.

                                                      regards,
                                                      Jogeshwar