Emotional Storms ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 10:25 PM
      Friends:

      Blown around in the Mental Space by Emotional Storms !!!

      The Blessed Buddha once said:
      Bhikkhus, even as many winds blow turbulent in the sky, from all the
      directions of east, west, south, & north, both dusty and dustless winds,
      both cold & hot winds, both mild & forceful winds, even so do also all the
      many various feelings arise in this body: Both pleasant feelings, painful
      feelings and neither-painful-nor-pleasant feelings perpetually emerge and
      perturb the mind...

      Just as many diverse winds,
      Storms here and there across the sky,
      So in this very body:
      The manifold kinds of feelings arise,
      Both pleasant ones and painful ones,
      And those neither painful nor pleasant.
      Yet when a determined bhikkhu does not
      neglect aware and clear comprehension;
      Then such intelligent one fully understands
      Feelings and all their complex aspects...
      Having fully understood feelings, he is freed
      of all mental fermentation even in this very life...
      Remaining in this state, at the body's breakup,
      Such Expert-Master cannot ever be imagined...

      Source (edited extract):
      The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya. Book IV [219]
      section 36: On Feeling: Vedan
      ā. The Sky: Ākasām. 12.
      http://www.pariyatti.com/book.cgi?prod_id=948507
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/canon/samyutta/index.html

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net
       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.