my first experience....

  • pry_third_eye
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      I just recently started meditating and I believe it is for a good
      reason. I was searching the web one day and came upon some
      meditation techniques. Actually, the techniques are used for "prying
      one's third eye", but I'm sure that's just one of the many terms
      people use to describe the same thing. While in the car w/ a friend,
      I was pretty relaxed and thought I'd try this breathing exercise
      out, just for fun. Only seconds passed and I felt a rush starting at
      my feet going up to my head. I've never felt anything like
      this....It was a feeling I would normally shrug off as feeling dizzy
      or just getting a chill, but since I was meditating, I decided to
      run w/ it. I continued breathing and felt the sensation get
      incredibly strong in my "head" and "shoulders" (I use the quotation
      marks because I didn't really feel my physical body any longer) and
      I felt as if I was being lifted. Nevertheless I kept at it, but not
      for much longer. I felt as if I was about to go somewhere or like
      something was about to change. I was breaking some kind of plane.
      Well this scared me because I didn't know if I was going to be able
      to come back. I stopped, opened my eyes, and tried to take in
      everything that just happened. My question is: has anyone else felt
      this? Am I doing something right?

      I've tried meditating since then and I feel the rush starting at my
      feet to my head, but I can't focus my mind to keep going. Also, my
      eyes start to twitch and it's very distracting to the process. As a
      newbie at meditating, tell me what you think of my experiences.
      Thanks and cheers to me for possibly taking my first step!

      Pry_Third_Eye