The Quite Good Friend ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      Blank
      Friends:
                        The Noble Friend!

                            The Buddha said:

      Friends, one should cultivate the Good Friend,
      who has the Seven Qualifications.

      What Seven ?
      He gives what is hard to give.
      He does what is hard to do.
      He bears what is hard to bear.
      He lays open his own secrets.
      He keeps other's secrets safe.
      When any is needed, he never fails.
      When one is ruined, he never despises.
      Even though he may drive you away, keep on following him,
      since such Noble is always motivated by the welfare of all,
      is genial, pleasant, refined, a revealer of profound speech,
      a listener who never - at any occasion - guide you wrongly..

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
       will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

      http://What-Buddha-Said.net/

       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.