Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 1524

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Ready"
      <mattready@...> wrote:

      > Jeff,
      >
      > What is your radio show?
      >
      > Matt

      Hi Matt,

      It's called "The Mindgoal Hour...Do you have a goal in mind?".
      The show is about defining goals and goal achievement strategies.
      The focus is on the need for balancing traditional goal setting
      methods with what I believe to be the critical need for "inner
      work" in order to clarify and achieve truly satisfying and
      fulfilling goals.

      So often, we achieve a goal that we were sure would bring us
      happiness and contentment (the reason and core of all goals),
      only to find that the joy is only temporary, and we are still
      left with a sense of "something missing". This is where the
      inner work of meditation is so valuable. Meditation is a route
      to greater self-realization, and it is in the quiet awareness of
      meditation that we can hear the "wisdom whisper" from the heart -
      and recognize our true goals and deepest, fondest and most treasured
      goals. I talk about the need for balancing the "outer work" of
      identifying and writing down goals, with the "inner work" that
      brings clarity and more focused awareness.

      The show is an internet show, on Mondays at 4PM EST, on BBS Radio.
      You can tune in at: http://www.bloginservice.com/bbc/index.shtml

      "Keep your mind on your goal,
      and your heart will take care
      of the details."