Meditation in the mainstream

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 12:52 PM
      Bob et al -

      Thought you might enjoy some notes
      from a recent direct mail piece to
      corporate HR departments:

      While the value of meditation has become known far beyond its
      origins in religious and spiritual traditions to thousands of
      people - especially over the past 20-30 years, meditation is far
      from being accepted in the mainstream boardrooms of America. But
      maybe not that far...

      Cleverly disguised as the how-to's of "clear thinking, stress
      management or relaxation techniques, present moment awareness, or
      communication strategies," meditation has made a huge impact in
      corporate life. When corporate leadership is presented with an
      effective tool for good decision making; an effort that requires
      clarity of thought and the ability to be mentally present, they
      readily accept this "rose by any other name". (Not to be confused
      with Bob Rose, who happens to be president of the Meditation Society
      of America).

      The focus of my work (and my radio show) is on the critical need
      for "inner work" as a balance to practical outer work in clarifying
      goals and enjoying truly fulfilling achievement. Without the inner
      work that puts us in touch with our "inner wisdom", we will repeated
      arrive at goals, only to find that they quickly leave us empty and
      unfulfilled...and once again on that intuitive search for "something
      missing" in our lives. Meditation can put us in touch with "That".

      Jeff
    • aideenmck
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 4:33 PM
        <jeff@...> wrote:

        > Bob et al -
        >
        > Thought you might enjoy some notes
        > from a recent direct mail piece to
        > corporate HR departments:
        >
        > While the value of meditation has become known far beyond its
        > origins in religious and spiritual traditions to thousands of
        > people.........
        >
        > Cleverly disguised as the how-to's of "clear thinking, stress
        > management or relaxation techniques, present moment awareness, or
        > communication strategies," meditation has made a huge impact in
        > corporate life....... they
        > readily accept this "rose by any other name". (Not to be confused
        > with Bob Rose, who happens to be president of the Meditation
        Society
        > of America).
        >
        >. Without the inner
        > work that puts us in touch with our "inner wisdom", we will
        repeatedly arrive at goals, only to find that they quickly leave us
        empty and unfulfilled...and once again on that intuitive search
        for "something missing" in our lives. Meditation can put us in touch
        with "That".

        > Jeff

        Thank you for telling us about the rose by another name. It's good
        news. Let's hope for many more such roses - in boardrooms, schools,
        senates, congresses, parliaments & homes.

        Aideen