Nothing but nature

  • Jeroen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
      Dear all,

      I think this enlightenment and spirituality-business is dangerous and
      destructive. It leads us away from and destroys what is of vital
      importance to ourselves, that is, nature.

      What I mean is that anything we experience, is an experience of nature
      (or the cosmos). In short, all there is, is nature. Nature is not some
      external thing. As you are never separate from nature, nature and you
      are one: it is impossible to say where a human 'ends' and
      nature/cosmos 'begins'. To ignore/destroy nature is to ignore/destroy
      humans, to straightjacket nature is to straightjacket yourself, and
      vice versa. Nature is one.

      Nature is a (comm)unity and everything that occurs in nature (f.e. a
      human being) is a form of that (comm)unity.

      So it's not Shiva, Shakti, (para)Brahma(n), God, Allah, Buddha-nature
      or whatever other spiritual, mystical, or transcendental concept/path
      that was, is or will be making your day: it all is, has been and will
      be nature. Hence there is no high and mighty plain of Detachment,
      Happiness and Bliss where the Enlightened dwell: every one of us is
      here, in/with nature, as nature. And I assure you, we all suffer
      tremendously from the wars that are being waged on nature.

      So instead of searching for ((y)our) Happiness and ((y)our)
      Enlightenment, we/you should better start minding and fighting for
      what we are and what we were from the very beginning, viz. nature and
      her (comm)unity.

      Notice that, I, that is, nature, am being destroyed while you are
      searching for Enlightenment. In other words, the search for a Higher
      State of Being (Enlightenment, Liberation, Extinction) is one of the
      terrors of the contemporary world. We do not need Enlightenment, we
      need nature, and we need it now!

      Other terrors that haunt our world are the terrorism of the Higher
      Being (cfr. Abrahamic God), the terrorism of the Higher
      Community/Leader(s) (cfr. states, kingdoms), and the terrorism of the
      Higher Reason (cfr. Western Enlightened Reason).

      The terrorism of the Higher Being (God) turns humans into creatures of
      this Being on a mission to spread His Message and Love. This is a very
      tough terrorism as it is purely rooted in the belief in this Being,
      whose existence can not be proven or disproven.
      The terrorism of the Higher Reason (cfr. Western Enlightened Reason)
      turns humans into civilised, developed people who (are made to)
      believe in the High/Developed value of democratic states, science,
      industry,.. with all the political, economic, industrial,
      (neo)colonial, social, cultural, ecological consequences thereof.
      The terrorism of the Higher Community/Leader(s) (states, kingdoms)
      turns people into subjects, civilians or followers who (are made to)
      believe that this Higher Community/Leader(s) is more important than
      their own natural (comm)unity.
      The terrorism of the Higher State of Being (Enlightenment) turns human
      beings into seekers of spirituality/enlightenment who (are made to)
      believe that (people with) this Higher State of Being is(are) more
      important/valuable than (people with) other states of being.

      All these searches for Higher Goals terrorise/straightjacket human
      beings. Being ignorant that nature is one, these straightjackets tear
      nature into pieces (creatures, civilised/developed people, ..) and
      destroy the (comm)unity of nature.

      Let's face it: we are not really creatures, civilised/developed
      people, labour-units, subjects, civilians, followers or
      spiritual/enlightenment seekers. Let's stop terrorising and
      straightjacketing ourselves: we are nature!!

      The goal of nature is not to be holy/divine, civilised, obedient or
      enlightened, but to live and enjoy her/our (comm)unity/ies.

      Therefore, we must (learn to) support, conserve and live in/as/with
      our natural (comm)unity/ies with love and wisdom, and help stopping
      the denial, straightjacketing and destruction of nature/ourself in the
      name of some Higher Goal.

      The only energy/power humans need is not nuclear or electromagnetic,
      but energy/power that is naturally available. The fusion humans need
      is not a nuclear fusion, but a fusion of natural/human energies.

      I wish us the best of luck!

      Greetings,

      Jeroen
    • aideenmck
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeroen"
        <sphurna@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > people, labour-units, subjects, civilians, followers or
        > spiritual/enlightenment seekers. Let's stop terrorising and
        > straightjacketing ourselves: we are nature!!
        >
        > The goal of nature is not to be holy/divine, civilised, obedient or
        > enlightened, but to live and enjoy her/our (comm)unity/ies.
        >
        > Therefore, we must (learn to) support, conserve and live in/as/with
        > our natural (comm)unity/ies with love and wisdom, and help stopping
        > the denial, straightjacketing and destruction of nature/ourself in
        the
        > name of some Higher Goal.
        >
        > The only energy/power humans need is not nuclear or
        electromagnetic,
        > but energy/power that is naturally available. The fusion humans
        need
        > is not a nuclear fusion, but a fusion of natural/human energies.

        Yes.
        Buddhism is firmly rooted in humanity/nature. Albert Einstein said
        that if there is a religion of the future it would be a cosmic
        religion - it would be Buddhism. Meditation (essential to Buddhism)
        isn't a search for some lofty Enlightenment - it's getting in touch
        with reality, letting go of all illusion, it's being awake & aware
        that everything is one.
        May all sentient beings be released from suffering.
        Aideen.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
          "Jeroen" <sphurna@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > I think this enlightenment and spirituality-business is
          dangerous and destructive. It leads us away from and
          destroys what is of vital importance to ourselves,
          that is, nature.

          Large snip

          > I wish us the best of luck!
          >
          > Greetings,
          > Jeroen

          Yo Sri Jeroen,
          I think that everything "leads us away from and destroys
          what is of vital importance to ourselves, that is, nature"
          except "this enlightenment and spirituality-business".
          Peace and blessings,
          bob
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > "Jeroen" <sphurna@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear all,
            > >
            > > I think this enlightenment and spirituality-business is
            > dangerous and destructive. It leads us away from and
            > destroys what is of vital importance to ourselves,
            > that is, nature.
            > >

            > Large snip
            >
            > > I wish us the best of luck!
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > > Jeroen
            > >
            > Yo Sri Jeroen,
            > I think that everything "leads us away from and destroys
            > what is of vital importance to ourselves, that is, nature"
            > except "this enlightenment and spirituality-business".
            > Peace and blessings,
            > bob

            Great response, Bob.