Re: [Meditation Society of America] overwhelmed beginer can someone tell me where i am and how i got here?

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2006
      Thank you, Delia, for the heartwarming
      compliments, and the great story.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Delia Tofolean
      <deliatfn@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jeff,
      >
      > I think u are a wonderful teacher. For me u are the genuine
      spirit who has inspired my favourite Zen Koan:

      > 1. A Cup of Tea
      > Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912),
      received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen. Nan-
      in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on
      pouring. The professor watched the overflow until he no longer
      could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go
      in!" "Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own
      opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first
      empty your cup?"

      > In my poor opinion one has first to choose the right cup and
      afterwards he can try to empty it.

      > With great respect
      >
      > Delia
      >
      > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "JESSICA"
      > <jlmulli2692@> wrote:
      >

      > > is there a camp or somewhere i can go a like to get classes a
      school
      > > or something, i thought i was smart but i feel dumb here. i dont
      > > know what bandied is i have to look up alot of words. i need
      > > tutoring. but i know the site is wonderfully helpful. im glad to
      > > have found it. i have learned alot thus far. ty
      > >

      > Hi Jessica -
      >
      > Here's a beginning:
      >
      > Breathe. Easy and
      > natural, right?
      >
      > Now, notice when you
      > are inhaling and notice
      > when you are exhaling.
      >
      > Do this for a few minutes
      > (maybe after the kids are
      > settled for the evening).
      >
      > When thoughts come in (and
      > they will) let them go, and
      > simply return to noticing
      > when you are inhaling and
      > when you are exhaling.
      >
      > Allow yourself to relax
      > with each exhale. Just be
      > quietly aware of your
      > immediate surroundings
      > while you do this.
      >
      > Congratulations. You are
      > now a meditator.
      >
      > Jeff

      > Health and wellness Alternative medicine Health
      wellness product Health and wellness program Health promotion
      and wellness Womens health and wellness

      Service.