  • mirela basa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hi,
      i'm Mirela and i recently joined your group. (i hope
      you don't mind!) I have been reading some of your
      conversations and i must say that this is the Universe
      i want to be part of -- even if it's just my mind who
      says that -- i don't know how old these conversations
      are, but I have noticed that everyone has (kind of)
      the same opinion about THE MIND. who is speaking than,
      another mind? What i don't understand is why are the
      people looking for answers outside them... I strongly
      believe that all the answers are within us and all
      that we have to do it's just to be honest with
      ourselves and honestly recognise what we are feeling.
      I don't believe that we are the Infinite and i don't
      believe that we are God... i believe that the control
      is in our head, brain... that the mind is the most
      powerful "creature" on the Earth.

      There's gotta be some divisions of the mind, as the
      soul is in the mind too, and it may seem that there's
      more than just one (the mind!)

      Dear Godfrey, which is the comfort zone? Where do you
      start exploring?

      hope to hear from you,
      Mirela

      =====

      Mi-este drag, intr-adevar

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, mirela basa
        <basamirela@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > i'm Mirela and i recently joined your group. (i hope
        > you don't mind!)
        Welcome!
        >I have been reading some of your
        > conversations and i must say that this is the Universe
        > i want to be part of -- even if it's just my mind who
        > says that -- i don't know how old these conversations
        > are, but I have noticed that everyone has (kind of)
        > the same opinion about THE MIND. who is speaking than,
        > another mind? What i don't understand is why are the
        > people looking for answers outside them... I strongly
        > believe that all the answers are within us and all
        > that we have to do it's just to be honest with
        > ourselves and honestly recognise what we are feeling.
        I can't say you have no right to believe this or to disbelieve that,
        but I don't trust anything that comes from the chattering mind. It is
        capable of taking any point in an argument, pro or con, and endorsing
        it fully, and then in a different moment, taking the opposite view and
        saying that is correct. The mind is forever chasing after things that
        may bring pleasure and avoiding things that may be unpleasant. There
        is an inner awareness that is everpresent and can observe the mind
        jumping around, the body going through never-ending reactions and the
        emotions changing at the drop of a smile or sneer. This awareness is
        the inner Witness that has always been present and is still present as
        you read these words. This is our connection with our higher intuitive
        intelligence, that Knows! Our mind is our master and keeping us in
        illusion. Meditation is a vehicle to let us gain a control (Self
        control) over the mind and stop its foolish chatter. In the Silence of
        a stilled mind, the Source of the/all awareness presents itself.
        > I don't believe that we are the Infinite and i don't
        > believe that we are God... i believe that the control
        > is in our head, brain... that the mind is the most
        > powerful "creature" on the Earth.
        I agree that the mind is powerful enough to make you think we are
        separate from the Infinite/God, but I also know that this is just
        deceptive advertising, much like the cigarette ads of the 50's that
        said smoking was healthy for you. Both are illusions that cause
        suffering.

        > There's gotta be some divisions of the mind, as the
        > soul is in the mind too, and it may seem that there's
        > more than just one (the mind!
        You could say that an ocean is simply billions of drops of water, and
        in one perspective, that is right, but that ain't seeing the forrest
        for the trees.

        > Dear Godfrey, which is the comfort zone?
        The comfort zone was, is, and always will be present right in
        front/inside of our spiritual noses. As you said
        >"I strongly believe that all the answers are within us and all
        > that we have to do it's just to be honest with
        > ourselves and honestly recognise what we are feeling."
        The problem is that the mind can lable, judge, compare, and comment,
        but it can't be honest or understand (or as the Rasta's much more
        accuratly say, "Overstand"). BTW, you've been listening to your inner
        chatterer all your life, right? Well, has it helped you be
        comfortable?
        >Where do you start exploring?
        Some start by asking themselves who is this "I" who needs to explore.
        Some try to silently Witness their life as it takes place, others do
        Hatha yoga, good deeds, pray, whatever. But,no kidding, your mind is
        always kidding, and should never or hardly ever be taken seriously, no
        matter which method you use. For Me, and hundreds of millions of
        others, meditation is the best way to gain self control, self
        knowledge, control over the mind, body, emotions, and so on, to the
        point that eventually you need make no effort effortlessly, and live
        happily ever after.
        > hope to hear from you,
        > Mirela
        >
        > Mi-este drag, intr-adevar
        Eh, what's this about? My poor little mind can't figure it out!
      • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
          <basamirela@y...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          Hi and Namaste -

          M:> i'm Mirela and i recently joined your group. (i hope
          > you don't mind!)

          G: and why would anyone mind? that is the reason for it's
          existance...

          M: I have been reading some of your conversations and i must say
          that this is the Universe i want to be part of -- even if it's just
          my mind who says that -- i don't know how old these conversations
          > are, but I have noticed that everyone has (kind of) the same
          opinion about THE MIND.

          G: opinions are of a relative nature due to the colorizations of your
          experience... birds of a feather flock together...

          M: who is speaking than, another mind? What i don't understand is why
          are the people looking for answers outside them... I strongly
          > believe that all the answers are within us and all that we have to
          do it's just to be honest with ourselves and honestly recognise what
          we are feeling.

          G: do you think the answers are found in feeling? feeling is the
          outcome of past experience... and can you Really be honest with
          yourself when you are driven by past conditionings and mindsets which
          have come by building one incident upon another? or is that simply
          the ego self having its way and calling it sight and insight?
          Feelings as well as mind are transient and changing ....

          M: > I don't believe that we are the Infinite and i don't believe
          that we are God... i believe that the control is in our head,
          brain... that the mind is the most powerful "creature" on the Earth.

          G: is the brain the mind? or is it simply a computer and
          waystation that processes the input of mind into a viable seen
          affair? you may not *believe* that we are Infinite or God but then
          again a belief is Not a KNOWN but simply a conjecture and a suspected
          thing... so if you know that the answers are within then i suggest
          you go fully Within and not simply go the cursory intellectual
          surfing of i *believe* for that and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee
          and no more.... it won't give you peace or wisdom...

          M: There's gotta be some divisions of the mind, as the soul is in the
          mind too, and it may seem that there's more than just one (the mind!)

          G: you say it may seem .... so in this statement once again it shows
          conjecture... you do not Know for sure... so go within and find
          out...

          M: > Dear Godfrey, which is the comfort zone? Where do you
          > start exploring?

          G: ah now THAT is an intellegent question... start by becoming
          aware of how transient and fleeting are the thoughts and feelings...
          what substance do they have and how do they move your existance?

          M: > hope to hear from you,
          > Mirela

          G: hope you understand the wisdom and girth that is being expressed
          towards your liberation ...

          shanti om ..g...