Re: NY Times Article: The Unconscious Mind

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2006
      Much has been said and read about unconscious. But how to extinguish
      its negative forces remains still a challenge. Here is the exercise
      I impart for the purpose.

      The purpose of this exercise is:

      1.To plunge into theta state of brain waves, a deep state of
      2.To stimulate every brain cell.
      3.To cleanse unconscious which contains the garbage of our
      4.To break the obsessions.

      1. Suspend your logical thinking for a while and be in a
      translogical mental set as if in dream.
      2. Sit down in a comfortable position where you will continue for
      about 45 minutes.
      3. Feel relaxed and close your eyes.
      4. The beginning:
      Imagine a big lake with abundance of lotuses. There is a very big
      lotus which covers the whole lake. You are in the center of this
      lotus. You find a little hole in the center. You get thinned and
      slide down through the hole. You get into the chord which is long
      enough and you go on sliding and sliding………… Then you reach in a
      very beautiful palace. As you go on exploring, you find a beautiful
      garden. Here are various types of strange animals which are very
      meek and mild. You see some rabbits which are having very big horns.
      You mount on a rabbit and climb on one of its horns. You go on
      climbing up and up and up………………
      5. Have no more imaginations by your effort but leave the
      imaginations to flow by themselves spontaneously. Be just
      6. You will have strange imaginations.
      7. Whenever any ugly imagination comes, just reverberate BEAUTY. The
      ugly imaginations will disappear. Please do not forget to
      reverberate BEAUTY whenever any ugly imagination comes. I find that
      some become so engrossed in the imagination that they forget to
      8. Continue for about 45 minutes.
      9. Observe your feelings. How freshening it is!
      10. Repeat it regularly. You may restructure step 4 above as you

      Jo dubyo so paio gahree pani paith(One who dives down gets the
      treasure under the deep water)-Kaveer Das. And also ex nihilo nihil
      fit(nothing comes out of nothing).

      Now please go through the experience what it is!