Re: Question About Lactation

  • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Question received from Email:
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm inducing lactation and letdown fine when being suckled, however,
      > when I do breast massage and hand expression I can't letdown and get
      > anything to come out. What technique do you suggest I do to retrain
      my
      > subconscious that I need to letdown then also?
      >
      > Thanks for your help

      G: first of all relaxation is required... you might try putting on
      some music when feeding the baby.. and putting on the same music
      when getting ready to hand express it can help get the mind
      geared up to let go... ever try running water as well?

      hope this helps...

      shanti om ....g.....
    • betteji <bette@meditationsociety.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2002
        I have found that being anywhere near the baby will induce the letdown
        reflex -- sometimes, even when you don't want it to -- just being near
        the baby, perhaps looking at him/her, smelling the sweetness of the
        skin, without actually nursing will work. Also, to close your eyes
        and visualize that you are actually nursing; the sight, sounds,
        smells, etc. can be effective.
        Best of Luck.