Re: [Meditation Society of America] HIgh Achievement & Self-Realization

  • prakki surya
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006
      Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

      When God forgets Himself, Maya arises, which is the creation. When the individual soul forgets itself, Avidya arises as a dream. Both the creation and the dream are made of the three qualities and arise due to self-ignorance. But there is a vast quantitative difference between the Creation and the Dream. You can pass through your imaginary wall of your daydream. But you cannot pass through the real wall in the world. If you cross Avidya you can attain yourself. But if you cross Maya you can attain God. But you can never cross Maya as told in Gita (Mama Maya Duratyaya). Ofcourse the liberated soul, which is fully blessed by God, can cross Maya (Maya metam tarantite). But by crossing Maya the liberated soul cannot become God because God is creator, ruler and destroyer of Maya. By crossing a river or sea, you cannot create or control or destroy the river or sea.

      Veda is called as Brahman because it is greatest in the category of Scriptures because it is the only scripture, which is protected from the pollution as it was passed on through recitation only from several generations. Similarly, in the category of the items of creation the pure awareness (Soul), which is the finest form of nervous energy, can be called as Brahman. Therefore, the soul can be Brahman but not the God (Eeswara). You cannot have even the qualitative similarity between the soul and God, because God is completely unimaginable and the soul is imaginable by shrewd analysis.

        posted by: His servant
        at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
        www.universal-spirituality.org

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      High Achievement & Self-Realization
      A few months ago, Tom Brady, the richly successful New England Patriots' NFL football team quarterback, was interviewed on "60 Minutes". This handsome, gifted, rich young man, who owns a treasure chest of Superbowl rings, MVP awards, multi-million

      Yahoo! Mail

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2006
        <jeff@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > the more I began to form an idea for some commentary. That
        > commentary has now grown into the seed of an idea for a new
        > magazine. I plan to call it, "The Sky's The Limit", The Magazine of
        > High Achievement. The following is some of the developing
        > commentary. Comments are welcomed (to a great extent)and interested
        > writers are invited to submit article concepts or completed original
        > writings (keeping in mind that the concept is only in idea stage):
        >
        > The Sky's The Limit is about high achievement and self-realization,
        > or as Abraham Maslow called it, "Self-Actualization". Given Tom
        > Brady's expressed internal angst, these two elements do not
        > necessarily meet on the same playing field. High achievers,
        > celebrities of varying stars and stripes, and financially successful
        > people - by anyone's standards, do not automatically feel successful
        > or fulfilled. Those who profess self-realization, on the other hand,
        > whether successful in worldly terms or not (though many are), do
        > consider themselves successful and fulfilled. They possess a clarity
        > that leaves no questions, especially not the one asked by Mr. Brady.
        > They "know" what "Is", and what "Is" means.
        >
        > Our editorial and pictorial features will focus on the various paths
        > to success taken by high achievers, and we will look in on the
        > lifestyles of those who have been blessed with material success and
        > abundance. We will approach this subject with fascinated awe, in
        > admiration, and for inspiration. At the same time, we will attempt
        > to locate and search deeply into the workings of the minds (and
        > hearts) of those who can speak from direct experiential knowledge
        > about the rare mystical blessing that bestows a richness in life far
        > transcending material success - self-realization.
        >
        > We'll talk to the self-realized, the rich ones and those of modest
        > means among them. We'll talk to the multi-millionaires - the
        > billionaires, if possible. We'll ask what motivates all of them. And
        > we'll talk to the internationally recognized motivators, and ask
        > what motivates the motivator. We'll visit their homes, peek in their
        > closets, drive their cars, sail on their yachts, dine at their
        > favorite tables, spend time with their gurus, meditate, visualize,
        > go to their churches, and do yoga with them...God willing.
        >
        > We will begin with an inaugural issue in April 2006, as a regional
        > issue, born of the sunny weather and sunny dispositions of the Tampa
        > Bay area, from Tampa to Sarasota, Florida. We'll seek to find our
        > share of local high achievers and realizers, and with good fortune,
        > sprinkle our first edition with words of wisdom, or at least
        > practical advice, from those who have risen to national and
        > international acclaim.
        >
        > How far will we go to discover their secrets, share them with our
        > readers, emulate their style, and model their methods for success,
        > high achievement, and self-actualization?

        Yo PapaJeff,
        Great concept, exciting project! Please let us know how
        it is progressing and when the first issue is ready for
        sharing. I wish you well.