Re: [Meditation Society of America] HIgh Achievement & Self-Realization

  • suman sk
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
      Jeff,
      This seems a good idea. I am a regular reader of the posts here and a soul who is in ever longing desire in search for the truth. I read a lot of related reading and do meditation and try to find the truth.But only development by Self-Actualizing and meditation is that I am getting rid of the most basic feelings which keep me bound. Those are Anger, Jealousy, Lust, Craving , Fear and attracton. I see a bigger issue in Life of helping my self in self-searching that finally pours over the the societal well being.
      I like the idea suggested by you. But by interviewing worldy successful people rather, I beleive one can get more insights inviting self learned teachings from anyone would be more productive.
      Its only my view and not a suggestion.

      Regards
      Surendra

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      High Achievement & Self-Realization

      A few months ago, Tom Brady, the richly successful New England
      Patriots' NFL football team quarterback, was interviewed on "60
      Minutes". This handsome, gifted, rich young man, who owns a treasure
      chest of Superbowl rings, MVP awards, multi-million dollar sports
      and commercial endorsement contracts, and a future in which…the
      Sky's The Limit, had one burning question in his life that he openly
      shared.

      Tom Brady asked himself, on national television, "Is this all there
      is?"

      The more I thought about his comment (to him, rhetorical question),
      the more I began to form an idea for some commentary. That
      commentary has now grown into the seed of an idea for a new
      magazine. I plan to call it, "The Sky's The Limit", The Magazine of
      High Achievement. The following is some of the developing
      commentary. Comments are welcomed (to a great extent)and interested
      writers are invited to submit article concepts or completed original
      writings (keeping in mind that the concept is only in idea stage):

      The Sky's The Limit is about high achievement and self-realization,
      or as Abraham Maslow called it, "Self-Actualization". Given Tom
      Brady's expressed internal angst, these two elements do not
      necessarily meet on the same playing field. High achievers,
      celebrities of varying stars and stripes, and financially successful
      people - by anyone's standards, do not automatically feel successful
      or fulfilled. Those who profess self-realization, on the other hand,
      whether successful in worldly terms or not (though many are), do
      consider themselves successful and fulfilled. They possess a clarity
      that leaves no questions, especially not the one asked by Mr. Brady.
      They "know" what "Is", and what "Is" means.

      Our editorial and pictorial features will focus on the various paths
      to success taken by high achievers, and we will look in on the
      lifestyles of those who have been blessed with material success and
      abundance. We will approach this subject with fascinated awe, in
      admiration, and for inspiration. At the same time, we will attempt
      to locate and search deeply into the workings of the minds (and
      hearts) of those who can speak from direct experiential knowledge
      about the rare mystical blessing that bestows a richness in life far
      transcending material success - self-realization.

      We'll talk to the self-realized, the rich ones and those of modest
      means among them. We'll talk to the multi-millionaires - the
      billionaires, if possible. We'll ask what motivates all of them. And
      we'll talk to the internationally recognized motivators, and ask
      what motivates the motivator. We'll visit their homes, peek in their
      closets, drive their cars, sail on their yachts, dine at their
      favorite tables, spend time with their gurus, meditate, visualize,
      go to their churches, and do yoga with them...God willing.

      We will begin with an inaugural issue in April 2006, as a regional
      issue, born of the sunny weather and sunny dispositions of the Tampa
      Bay area, from Tampa to Sarasota, Florida. We'll seek to find our
      share of local high achievers and realizers, and with good fortune,
      sprinkle our first edition with words of wisdom, or at least
      practical advice, from those who have risen to national and
      international acclaim.

      How far will we go to discover their secrets, share them with our
      readers, emulate their style, and model their methods for success,
      high achievement, and self-actualization?

      Sky's The Limit.

      Jeff
      jeff@...
      http://www.mindgoal.com

      Regards
      Surendra
      270-535-1958

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2006
        Surendra,

        Thanks for the feedback. I believe it is important
        to balance our search or maintenance of self-actualization
        with practical and successful practices that lead to our
        holistic well-being. Often, the material side is viewed
        negatively or as unimportant, but, in truth, success requires
        balance both internally and externally, in order to be completely
        fulfilling.

        Jeff

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, suman sk
        <sumansk@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > We will begin with an inaugural issue in April 2006, as a regional
        > issue, born of the sunny weather and sunny dispositions of the
        Tampa
        > Bay area, from Tampa to Sarasota, Florida. We'll seek to find our
        > share of local high achievers and realizers, and with good
        fortune,
        > sprinkle our first edition with words of wisdom, or at least
        > practical advice, from those who have risen to national and
        > international acclaim.
        >
        > How far will we go to discover their secrets, share them with our
        > readers, emulate their style, and model their methods for success,
        > high achievement, and self-actualization?
        >
        > Sky's The Limit.
        >
        > Jeff
        > jeff@...
        > http://www.mindgoal.com

        > Health and wellness Alternative medicine Health
        wellness product Health and wellness program Health promotion
        and wellness Business health wellness

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > Regards
        > Surendra
        > 270-535-1958
        >

        > ---------------------------------

      • prakki surya
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006
          Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami

          When God forgets Himself, Maya arises, which is the creation. When the individual soul forgets itself, Avidya arises as a dream. Both the creation and the dream are made of the three qualities and arise due to self-ignorance. But there is a vast quantitative difference between the Creation and the Dream. You can pass through your imaginary wall of your daydream. But you cannot pass through the real wall in the world. If you cross Avidya you can attain yourself. But if you cross Maya you can attain God. But you can never cross Maya as told in Gita (Mama Maya Duratyaya). Ofcourse the liberated soul, which is fully blessed by God, can cross Maya (Maya metam tarantite). But by crossing Maya the liberated soul cannot become God because God is creator, ruler and destroyer of Maya. By crossing a river or sea, you cannot create or control or destroy the river or sea.

          Veda is called as Brahman because it is greatest in the category of Scriptures because it is the only scripture, which is protected from the pollution as it was passed on through recitation only from several generations. Similarly, in the category of the items of creation the pure awareness (Soul), which is the finest form of nervous energy, can be called as Brahman. Therefore, the soul can be Brahman but not the God (Eeswara). You cannot have even the qualitative similarity between the soul and God, because God is completely unimaginable and the soul is imaginable by shrewd analysis.

            posted by: His servant
            at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
            www.universal-spirituality.org

          Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
          High Achievement & Self-Realization
          A few months ago, Tom Brady, the richly successful New England Patriots' NFL football team quarterback, was interviewed on "60 Minutes". This handsome, gifted, rich young man, who owns a treasure chest of Superbowl rings, MVP awards, multi-million

          Yahoo! Mail

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19, 2006
            <jeff@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > what motivates the motivator. We'll visit their homes, peek in their
            > closets, drive their cars, sail on their yachts, dine at their
            > favorite tables, spend time with their gurus, meditate, visualize,
            > go to their churches, and do yoga with them...God willing.
            >
            > We will begin with an inaugural issue in April 2006, as a regional
            > issue, born of the sunny weather and sunny dispositions of the Tampa
            > Bay area, from Tampa to Sarasota, Florida. We'll seek to find our
            > share of local high achievers and realizers, and with good fortune,
            > sprinkle our first edition with words of wisdom, or at least
            > practical advice, from those who have risen to national and
            > international acclaim.
            >
            > How far will we go to discover their secrets, share them with our
            > readers, emulate their style, and model their methods for success,
            > high achievement, and self-actualization?

            Yo PapaJeff,
            Great concept, exciting project! Please let us know how
            it is progressing and when the first issue is ready for
            sharing. I wish you well.