Re: A Taste of Tantra(sm)... We want your money

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, khall94433@... wrote:

      [snip]

      > "Tantra" means weaving together the Earthly and the Divine.

      Another Americanism that has as much to do with
      the original meaning as my dog's ass. See below:

      > Tantra means loom in Sanskrit, or also, specifically,
      > the warp thread that dresses the loom and gives support
      > to the fabric formed by the moving shuttle or, in a rug,
      > the individual knots. Without it, there can be no cloth.
      > It can also refer to the cord used for stringing beads to
      > make a necklace, a rosary, mala or garland. (In English,
      > you might be familiar with "tenterhooks," as in the phrase
      > "To be on tenterhooks," meaning to be in a state of anticipatory
      > suspense. These hooks are the nails upon which finished cloth
      > is stretched to maintain consistency in width.) Tantric or
      > more rarely, tantrik, is the adjective.

      > The word "tantra" refers to an "oral practice tradition,"
      > where there is a direct link from teacher to student. It
      > is important to understand that a tantric connection is
      > more than a lineage association, or an affiliation to
      > a tradition. To belong to a certain tantric lineage
      > means that the skills themselves are learned, practiced,
      > mastered, and handed on with a special kind of permission.

      There is no reference to "weaving together the Earthly and
      the Divine," which is just a commercial bastardization of
      the concept for the purposes of sales language.

      To a true tantrika, the earthly is never anything BUT
      divine. There is no separation to a real initiate.

      The fact is that the power of tantric practice is in the
      TRANSGRESSION that is involved. We are taken out of our
      usual self-definitions by being naughty, going against
      the grain and prevailing teaching. Anything else is
      pabulum, mushy nonsense that sells to people trying to
      spice up their marriages rather than fearlessly
      seeking who they really are.
    • prakki surya
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2006
        Some people say that even good people are unnecessarily harmed. They criticize God. You cannot decide any person as a good person. Did you observe him every minute from his birth? You also think yourself as a good person. Are you aware of your sins done in your childhood? You might have harmed an innocent insect in your childhood. Do you remember that? Even mental feelings are sins, which may not be expressed in words and actions. The feelings of the mind are the source of words and actions. Therefore the feeling may not hurt others today. But tomorrow it will hurt others which will come out in words and actions. Infact, intention is given more importance in the crime according to law. The judge gives more importance to the intention in giving the punishment. You are walking on the road and the ant is killed by your foot, without any intention. There is no punishment for such sins. But when you kill the same ant with intention, you are punished by God. Therefore mind is the source of action. If somebody harmed really a good person, then also leave it to God. You should not revenge. Why? The reason is that you cannot judge the exact nature and line of the case. You do not remember your own sins. Sometimes you do the sin thinking that it is good. You cannot be the standard in judging your own sins.  Only the Lord can decide. Therefore, if somebody harmed really a good person, in the view of the Lord also, then the Lord himself will punish him. You cannot take the law and order into your hand. You have to refer the case to the court. Let the Judge decide and punish the criminal. Therefore the Lord said, “Revenge is Mine”. If the revenge is justified, the Lord will certainly punish. The Lord will not revenge if you pray Him to do so. The Lord, will not excuse even if you recommend the unjust case.
        Neither you have the power to punish nor to excuse anybody. The reason for this is that you are not omniscient. If a sinner realizes the sin and repents, the punishment is reduced. After repentance if you do not repeat the sins, the punishment is cancelled. If the sinner does not repent, he will repeat the sin again and again. Such sinner can be controlled only by punishment. If this is not true the police department has no use. There are some sinners who can be controlled only by third degree treatment. If such punishment and revenge are not required and if everybody can be transformed by preaching, then what is the necessity of the existence of ‘Hell and Liquid Fire?’  If such possibility of transformation by love and knowledge is there, then why the Lord mentioned the word ‘revenge’ at all? Therefore this means that there are some sinners who cannot be transformed by love and knowledge. Some clever people criticize Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, who have resorted to punish the sinners.  Such clever people should answer about the word ‘revenge’ uttered by the Lord and also should explain the mention of the liquid fire in the scriptures. If all the human beings can be transformed through love and knowledge such words should not have been mentioned in their scriptures.
        The Lord is the father of all the souls. Your love on another human being is only brotherly love. The love of the father is far greater than the brotherly love. You are criticizing your father for punishing your brother! The father tries His best to transform His son. On the first day of the war Ravana was defeated by Rama. Rama could have killed him on the very first day. But Rama asked Ravana to go back and think that night. The Lord punishes anyone as last resort. Even then, the Lord does not have anger or hatred. The punishment is only the last method attempted for transformation. There also the aim is only transformation. But when you punish your enemy such aim does not exist. Therefore the punishment by Lord is also reflecting His divine love and kindness on the soul. Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul. He is just like a teacher who punishes the student for his misbehavior. The teacher does not get any sin in such punishment. The reason again is that the intention decides the action.
        Therefore when you live in the world according to instructions given by the Lord, the Lord is pleased with you. The Lord will make you happy in this world. Your happiness in this world is an indication of His grace. Therefore you will be happy in the upper world also. He is the only one lord for both the worlds. Therefore if you are unhappy in the worldly affairs, you will be unhappy in the spiritual matters in the upper world also. If you are blessed in this world you are also blessed in the upper world. Therefore you follow His commandments and be happy in this world.
          posted by: His servant
          at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
          www.universal-spirituality.org