Re: meditation and human neuroplasticity.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

      > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
      > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
      brain
      > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
      > meditation society of America?
      >
      > regards,
      > Jogeshwar

      Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
      There is no doubt anymore that meditation
      has a very beneficial effect on us
      neurologically/physically, and emotionally
      and mentally as well. This has been validated
      by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
      But this is something that has been known
      experientially for centuries by millions of
      meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
      meditation reveals more about meditation than a
      thousand papers written about it can. What is your
      own experience? I am interested and would like to
      know, if you (or others) would care to share.
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > --- In
        > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
        > > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
        > brain
        > > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
        > > meditation society of America?
        > >
        > > regards,
        > > Jogeshwar
        > >
        > Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
        > There is no doubt anymore that meditation
        > has a very beneficial effect on us
        > neurologically/physically, and emotionally
        > and mentally as well. This has been validated
        > by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
        > But this is something that has been known
        > experientially for centuries by millions of
        > meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
        > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
        > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
        > own experience? I am interested and would like to
        > know, if you (or others) would care to share.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        "and my take on it is that one hour of
        > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
        > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
        > own experience?"

        Hello Bob

        The extracted portion of your post is of great significance
        and virtually this is the very objective of this forum. I was
        waiting for such a time when members of would like to share each
        others' experiences. I am happy that you have initiated that time. I
        shall post my experiences after some time and we shall continue to
        share. I hope, meanwhile, others start posing their experiences.

        regards,
        Jogeshwar